Hard time getting out of bed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard time getting out of bed...

I deal with fatigue on a daily basis. This year its much worse than last year.. Yet my brain lesions are the same as last year.. My neurologist doesnt know what to do for me anymore. I tried every medication he can think of.. I take acetyl l carnitine and alpha lipoic acid daily, 2000mg and 400mg. Which I discovered on this website..

Lately I have been having these odd episodes of what I can only explain as my body feeling dead. I wake up in the morning exhausted after sleeping great all night and then I have to get up and my body feels like I am a dead person in a casket. I barely can move and feel like I cant get up even if I tried.. I usually wait 45 minutes then force myself to get up..

It has even happened when I am sitting.. I was sitting in church for maybe 30 minutes then my body feel like its going limp, not really though. Only feels that way on the inside.. On the outside I look fine. Its as if my body is saying "no, dont move or get up"..

Its been happening alot lately, and I work a Monday through Friday job, I sit in traffic for maybe 45 minutes twice a day, and dont have the time to stay in bed because my body is tired.. I have been late a few times because of this.. My boss noticed and mentioned if I feel I need to decrease my hours to part time let her know, but this job is only full time. Which means I would need to leave this job and find something new..

Anyone work from home? What do you do from home? If this continues, I might have to look into something like that..

Any information is helpful!! I feel like Im at a loss right now!!!

First of all, I am sorry for all you are going through. I was reading your thread to offer you support but then what you were reporting sounded so familiar to me.

Turns out that I was having hypokalemic attacks which presents as sudden weakness, then unable to remain upright, then I look unresponsive. Not sure if that is what you are going through, but I would seek counsel from your primary doc to run tests. This could have nothing to do with MS.

In my case, turns out I have a rare kidney disorder that leads to these hypokalemic attacks. I often wake up but cannot even open my eye lids; I cannot move at all. Turns out I am paralyzed at those times.

Again, I am not saying you have this, but reminds me to tell you to get this kind of sudden fatigue checked out. Also, MS folks can present with Periodic Paralysis. IT was someone on HERE who insisted I go to that site and ask my primary for a 24 hour Urine test. It was that test that got me to the Nephrologist who diagnosed me.

Do not think everything is MS. Often then we miss other problems or are dismissed as its MS related when it is not.

Get checked out soon as you can. Let us know how you are doing. I will be thinking of you too~

Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Same here!

I don't sleep really well, so we aren't experiencing exactly the same, but even when I do sleep a good sleep....I wake up just like you. It's hard to get up. When I do get up I am like a zombie. I'm so tired (and look it too) you would think I was up all night.

I take Nuvigil to help with wakefulness, but then I have to take something at night to go to sleep. Sometimes the Nuvigil doesn't matter; I am still just dragging myself through the motions.

TGI don't work (retired) but any plans we (hubby and I) had for the day when we were 'free' of work obligations are not happening.

I have traveled, but it's such a chore. Not much fun ....

Wish I had an answer for you.

Diane
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

sun is shining

sun is shining. life is good.

Comment

Interesting

ttmont,

I have been telling my neuro this for the past 6 months. I wake up and it is like I can't move. I lay there with my eyes open, but stuck and unable to move. It is a scary situation to me. He does not seem to worried about it. He, along with my physiatrist upped my baclofen to 40mg 3x's a day because my spasticity was so bad at night it was waking me up. I would tense up and wake up because it hurt so bad and be stuck in whatever position I was in until my body relaxed again. He thought it might be my spasticity. Anyways, I am trying the baclofen increased dose and then have to do botox in my legs. After that, I will have to do a baclofen pump with pain medication in it as well. I am hoping it is only the spasticity causing the issues. Good luck and let me know if you find out it is something else.
          RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Wow, TT, that is a lot to deal with--driving to work, working full time and having scary spasticity episodes.

I recently had a similar experience. The spasticity in my left leg was so intense when I woke up that I could not straighten it. And the pain was intense; it felt like a charlie horse.

I also have increased my baclofen dose, but it happened again this morning.

Also, when I sit in my scooter for too long, it's hard for me to get out of a sitting position. Maybe while in church or wherever you are sitting, you should try to get up and move around.

Comment

???

Originally posted by elsenbro View Post
              sun is shining. life is good.
              Good for u.
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
              X