Double Vision/Blurry Vision Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Vision/Blurry Vision Again...

Woke up with this lovely symptom for the third time in three years. Went to the neuro-ophthalmologist who did all of the standard testing and told me that again I have internuclear opthalmoplegia.

I have double vision to the left, and blurry vision to the right. Bilateral INO. Nothing they can do...maybe steroids. I just had them about a month ago. I don't really want more.

I am super annoyed! I don't even like this eye doctor! How about him telling me to go home and put tape over my glasses on one side. Whatever dude...I could have figured that out.

I had to get mad at somebody. He is calling my neurologist though, can't be all that mad. I just felt like fussing about it I guess. This disease certainly has a weird sense of humor.

On top of that I had three appointments scheduled at the same time today...who says I am not batting 1000?

I going to go get it together.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

You go girl

Might as well get all the appointments over with at once
    Oh you say they are in different places?
    Haven't you heard of multi tasking?
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

I must not be as bright as you are because when my neuro suggested the black piece of paper taped to one lens of my glasses I thought he was near brilliant, lol.

It did help somewhat. I hope you feel better soon that double vision stuff is horrible.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

double vision

yep i have that too, blurry vision also. gives me vertigo. hard to function in life like this! i cant really. im scared and worried

Comment

I am sitting here with double vision trying to hit the correct keys.
          I was told when I had it all the time to switch the side I wore the eye patch back and forth between my eye.
          Fortunately I could see out of both eyes equally well.
          Annoying isn't it?
          techie
          Another pirated saying:
          Half of life is if.
          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
          Dogs Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by minuszero View Post
            yep i have that too, blurry vision also. gives me vertigo. hard to function in life like this! i cant really. im scared and worried
            Have you seen your ophthalmologist or neurologist? This is something that you should be seen for. Try to get an appointment somewhere if you haven't already, OK?
            Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
            SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
            Tysabri

Comment

Hi folks,

I just finished recovering from some symptoms that sound similiar to what you are describing with double vision and vertigo. It was really bad when ever I was walking but sitting I was okay and swimming I was okay too (I think it was because of my goggles blocking my perp. vision).

But whenever I moved my head or looked to the side it was like my world was turning and spinning.

Anyways, after visiting my eye doctor , my GP, I went to a physio therapist that deal with balance and vertigo and she had it figured out in about 10 minutes what was happening and why and gave me a bunch of exercises to do.

(She really did have it figured out, I had my yearly check with my neuro two weeks later and he was very impressed with how she had been treating me)

Anyways, after a week of doing those exercises (which were all designed to help me with focusing and targeting) everything started to get better.

At this point, about 6 weeks after the flare started, I am just about back to normal. Now I know that just sounds like the flare started to go away, but seriously those exercises turned things around, it was a dramatic change in the first week and has been gradual ever since.

This lady is amazing and I hope she keeps her practice here for ever...unless I move...then I want her to come with me! hahaha!

Just some food for thought

Comment

Working...
              X