Can you have foot drop in both feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you have foot drop in both feet?

I have foot drop and have worn a AFO on my left for the last 2 years. I am now having some of the same symptoms in my right foot. I never thought about it before, but can you end with braces on both feet?!?

If that's a possibility, please, everyone tell me that I will still be able to walk with "just" my walker.

Thanks for listening
    Mis-Diagnosed with Parkinson's for 1 year.
    Now being watched and tested for Neurological Movement Disorder, most likely MS.

Originally posted by Chelenae View Post
    I have foot drop and have worn a AFO on my left for the last 2 years. I am now having some of the same symptoms in my right foot. I never thought about it before, but can you end with braces on both feet?!?

If that's a possibility, please, everyone tell me that I will still be able to walk with "just" my walker.

Thanks for listening
    Yes, you can have it in both legs. Your neurologist needs to know so an MRI can be investigated. It may just be harder to use your walker, but you can.

Physical therapy will help you work with your upper legs to decrease the foot drop. Swimming helps. There are lots of things you can do before the dreaded chair.

Keep fighting and exercising. I hope things turn around for you.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

MS is an equal opportunity employer! Yes unfortunately it can happen. AFO's for both legs? Not pretty but it gets you where you are going. Good luck.

KK

Comment

Working...
      X