Back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back pain

I had a pretty bad cold last week and everytime I coughed I would get this pain in my lower back and my legs would kinda give out. I had to grab onto something so I wouldn't fall down. I don't know if this is normal or MS related because I read on the internet (I know, I know) that sometimes severe coughing can cause back pain. Now I am not coughing as much but my back still hurts, like right in the middle where my spine is. It's a little tender to the touch. Should I be worried?
    You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Originally posted by alishape View Post
    I had a pretty bad cold last week and everytime I coughed I would get this pain in my lower back and my legs would kinda give out. I had to grab onto something so I wouldn't fall down. I don't know if this is normal or MS related because I read on the internet (I know, I know) that sometimes severe coughing can cause back pain. Now I am not coughing as much but my back still hurts, like right in the middle where my spine is. It's a little tender to the touch. Should I be worried?
    You might want to see your GP to make sure you didn't pinch a nerve or have problems with a disc because of the coughing. Coughing hard can do damage (my dad breaks ribs when he coughs hard.) So I'd definitely see your doc or go to a walk in clinic. In our area, they have x-ray machines, and could check your spine right on the spot.

I think since it started with the coughing, the chance of it being MS related is lower than it's caused by the coughing causing muscular pain or the like.

Comment

Back pain

Is usually my first sign of a UTI, but in your case that may not be the cause...

severe coughing or sneezing can SOMETIMES leave you with an ache in your rib cage or back... with allergy season upon us in Michigan (seems every season is allergy season in Michigan...grrr!) I just went through the same thing from sneezing.

If that doesn't sound right to you... by all means get it checked out thoroughly.

PEACE,Babs

Comment

Working...
      X