Bunch of blood tests today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunch of blood tests today

I called my neuro's office yesterday and asked to have my B12 level checked and got a call back this morning that he now wants to do the following blood tests:

ANA
    ACE
    C-Reactive Protein
    ESR
    Rheumatoid Factor
    RPR
    Folic Acid
    B12

What the heck are they looking for now? Anyone had any of these tests are have any idea why they're now being ordered? I didn't actually speak to the neurologist so I wasn't able to get the answers. I guess I'll Google but wanted to know if anyone else has had these blood tests? Thanks

Lupus?

Hi, Kind of looks like he is looking for lupus or any of the inflammatory autoimmune diseases hope you do not have any of those. Good luck, let us know how your tests come out.
    Tortis

Comment

i was tested for all these when i got my dx. docs need to see the big picture.
      Katie
      dx rrms: 2/12
      copaxone 3/12 - current
      dx pcos 6/13
      gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

The results form all of the blood tests done in conjunction with my diagnosis took 5 pages They are often looking some proof that it's anything but MS. All 5 pages of my results were normal! This pointed them back to MS.

Kyle
        At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

Just got back from getting the blood drawn. She took 8 vials of blood. Geez!

I did some googling and it does seem that he's looking for some other systemic infection. It's good to rule everything else out before nailing down a definitive diagnosis.

I'll let you all know what the results are when I get them.

Comment

Blood tests

From what I see the tests are related to autoimmune disease or Arthritis. I would say he is trying to rule out some diseases.

Lois

Comment

Originally posted by shellos8 View Post
              Just got back from getting the blood drawn. She took 8 vials of blood. Geez!

I did some googling and it does seem that he's looking for some other systemic infection. It's good to rule everything else out before nailing down a definitive diagnosis.

I'll let you all know what the results are when I get them.
              They are looking at differentials. If I am not mistaken though you are already diagnosed.

They may be looking to see if you were either misdiagnosed or if something secondary is going on.

Tests are for inflammatory processes including: SLE, syphilis, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis etc. Things that can mimic MS.

You could also have these in conjunction with MS.

Why did you request the B-12?
              Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
              SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
              Tysabri

Comment

Working...
              X