Loss of eye sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of eye sight

When I lost my eye slight it was as if the clouds fell and I was walking in them. I lost one eye then the other one. I had only been married for about a year. One of the hardest things for me to adapt to was not being able to see my face and do my hair. I know that sounds vane but its the truth. After a few weeks I decided to get a body wave in my hair. It was already cut shirt. When I saw short I don't mean "man short" just short. Wait it's the length on my Facebook picture. I had a doctors appointment one day. I woke up feeling pretty good. I had started to gain some sight back. The strange thing was that when I looked in a mirror I could partially see my hair. My face was strange. It was as if I had nothing on my face. Just a blur of my skin color. Since I could see about 15% of my hair. I thought I would curl my hair. Remember i had a body wave and it was short. I blow dryed my hair and attempted to use a curling iron. Three curls in I burned the crap out of the top of my ear. I continued on with the styling of my hair. I had these tiny clips and for some reason put two into my hair. My husband came in the bathroom. He had to put my foundation on my face. Since I get so red faced I wanted to at least wear foundation. It slightly helps. As he is dabbing on my foundation. I ask him how does my hair look. Without hesitation he says. It looks good the best it's looked in a long time. I felt great for the first time in awhile. 
Fast forward to leaving my doctors appointment. I just happened to touch my face as we were walking out of the doctors office. To my horror it felt like a zit on my check. I said "honey what's this on my face"? "it feels like a zit". My husband says "ya it's a zit"! I was horrified and it got better. I said "oh my gosh please tell me it just a red bump and it doesn't have a white on it. Now you have to know the tone in his voice was as if he was asking me to pass the salt. We stopped walking so he could look at it. Then he tells me "ya it has a white head on it"!!!! I was shocked! It never accured to me that I would have to tell him to tell me if I should get a zit on my face. To me that's just a given like if a booger sticking out of your nose! Your going to say something! So when we got into the car I made him pop it! Lol
After we picked up my son and went out to eat. Dispite the zit incident I still felt pretty. It had been a few months since i had felt this way. All three of us were sitting at the table. Doug went up to get our food. I guess I was fishing for a compliment and I asked my son how my hair looked today. My son paused and I assumed he was it was a good thing. Ohh no it wasn't. My son says to me "no mom did you even do your hair today? I said "what do you mean"? He says it looks very messy. My husband was walking back to our table. I didnt know what to say I was in shock . When my husband got back to the table ibtold him what my son said. He informed me that he just wanted me to feel pretty. I told him that way great but I needed to! I am still shocked by how quickly he responded! So then on the way home I went into depth about any possible seniaro that could come up! Lol

I hope you enjoyed my story today. Don't forget to laugh today. 

Sorry no trivia today (if your reading my blog) I have been trying to write this for the past hour and a half and keep falling asleep. If there are misspelled words...sorry :-)

Thanks for posting that...the zit part had me laughing out loud.

Comment

Wow!

What a beautiful story! I hope you feel pretty today too.
      You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Alishape,
        Thank you! Have a wonderful day! :-)

Comment

You have a wonderful husband That's for sure.
          techie
          Another pirated saying:
          Half of life is if.
          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
          Dogs Rule!

Comment

Any man that would pop a zit on his wife's face is a great guy! That's actually a very sweet story, kinda romantic in its own way!

in 2005, when I had the big attack that led to the dx, I was only at my employer for 9 months so I was conscious of missing time. I only lasted 2 more days at work. In those 2 days, as the sight in left eye said, "I'm outta here" my then 14 year old dd offered to put my makeup on. I said "OK but don't make me look like Alice Cooper" and she replied.... "Who's she?". AAAAAHHHHH!

I know I'm dating myself. There's probably a bunch of people who read this and think "Yeah really... who IS she?"
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
            X