Facial problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facial problems.

Over the last few day I have been experiencing numbness and tightness in the cheek, jaw and running down the neck of the left side of my face.
    The right side is a bit tingling in the area, where I have had stabbing pain months back
    My taste has also been off as well.
    I am not diagnosed, but am wondering if this is something I should be telling my Neuro (only had one appointment).

Yes tell your nuero, I was diagnosed after losing feeling in the right ide of my face after giving birth to my daughter. My face was numb for 2 months. At first I had went to the hospital and was told it was belles palsy then seen another dr and he suggested ms after listening to my other symptoms that came along with the faial numbness (i hadn't even thought of MS and had dismissed all my other symptoms) went in for mri and lumbar puncture and had a positive diagnoses in less then 2 months.

Comment

Hi Light,
      I was just responding to your response on my post about mouth/throat/tongue issues.
      I never mentioned that I have TN-trigeminal neuralgia. It may be my current issues are related to that... I think you should look up TN and see if that sounds like what you are experiencing.

My personal experience with facial pain--pressure along the cheekbone that sometime can turn into a piercing electric-like zapping. This pressure can come all the way from my ear toward my nose. I also get migraine headaches that start around my eye socket and leads downward into my upper teeth on that side. Luckily these episodes can be short lived (the zapping electrical stuff). The headaches can last several days--thank goodness for medicine that works! The neuro gave me trileptal for the TN.

Anyway, may not be what you are experiencing, but a place to start some research. And to know that there is relief to be had as far as this goes!

Hugs. Hope you start getting answers and get to feeling better!
      Missyb
      You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails. - Yiddish proverb

Comment

Originally posted by missyb View Post

My personal experience with facial pain--pressure along the cheekbone that sometime can turn into a piercing electric-like zapping. This pressure can come all the way from my ear toward my nose. I also get migraine headaches that start around my eye socket and leads downward into my upper teeth on that side. Luckily these episodes can be short lived (the zapping electrical stuff). The headaches can last several days--thank goodness for medicine that works! The neuro gave me trileptal for the TN.

Anyway, may not be what you are experiencing, but a place to start some research. And to know that there is relief to be had as far as this goes!

Hugs. Hope you start getting answers and get to feeling better!
        Missyb
        I have the same thing - I was officially diagnosed with TN today, but have suspected it for years. They gave me Norco for it, but I'm seeing a neurologist on Tuesday (scheduled way back in July - he's supposed to be the best in this area, but the waiting has been hard).

Light68, definitely tell your neuro about it, and keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
        X