Tattoo idea's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tattoo idea's??

I am going to get a tattoo on my foot and need some help with idea's!

I am going to be putting it on the top of my left foot, which is effected the most by my MS. I want to be able to look at my foot and have the reminder that I can get through this battle with MS.

A friend of mine has: 542 with a MS ribbon. It stands for Never Give Up (number of letters in each word)

I can not think of anything orginal, so a shout out to all my fellow MS'ers. Any ideas??
    Fall down seven times....get up eight!

Tat's

Never though about a tatoo of the fight for MS. It sounds like a great idea though. What about making the MS ribbion busting out of a rose or something with your DX date and some meaning full words to you.. Like never give up or someting.
    limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

I saw a photo of a tattoo that looked like rosary beads going around the ankle & down the foot. Instead of a cross on the end, it was an orange ribbon & then the word Hope was written across the rest of the foot.
      Diagnosed: May 2012
      Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
      Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

I am planning my tattoo for my foot as well.

I am leaning toward a butterfly with the ribbon as the body. I admit there will be more than just the orange ribbon, but also pink for my mom and a multicolored ribbon for my granddaughter who was premature.

Comment

HI. I just recently got my "MS" tattoo, it's on my wrist. It's the word HOPE in cursive, but the "o" is an orange ribbon. I LOVE it!! It just reminds me to keep "HOPING."

Comment

I love the idea of an MS Tatt! I have a tattoo on the side/top of my left foot- my partner and I are in love with Japan, and on our first trip there it rained on the first day and I got terrible blisters that I battled with for the whole trip- so of course, what would be more fitting than a pink bandaid on my foot? With Hello Kitty bows all over it, no less! :P keep us posted on what you decide on!

Comment

Thanks all or your replies!! I love all the idea's....now I am going to have to get 5 tattoo's!

If you have pictures to share or have seen, send them to me!! I will let you know what I come up with!

Thanks for your creative idea's!

Comment

Hi IowaGirl! My daughter is a tattoo artist, I will ask her for some ideas, she also sells her drawings to other artists to use. It's really painful to tattoo the foot, I'm too chicken to get any tattoo, I even have one designed for the back of my neck (I'm 47 and don't want a visible one). My DH and I got married in 2010, we each have 3 kids and I'm an animal lover so 6 paw prints to represent us becoming a big, blended family, with pets! I'll let you know what she comes up with.
                Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

My daughter has a tattoo of a Phoenix on her upper arm - you know the bird that keeps rising out of ashes? She had one done to represent me and my journey through the ups and downs while I was RRMS. It's colorful and beautiful. She also has an ankle tat and says they are the most painful, so whatever you decide, you might want to make it small-ish.

(now I am SPMS, does that mean I've been reduced to ashes?)
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Make it unique for you

I'm getting a fairy caught up in a thunderstorm with a ms ribbon in the it somewhere and the bottoms of the ribbon wrapped up and tangled into her wings so she can't fly away. I havn't decided where or had the artist draw it up yet bacause it's gonna be exspensive and I'm saving for it. I want one that no one else has to make it unique for me.

Comment

Love all the idea's! It has sure helped me think about idea's. I think I found one I like...it is a side view of a butterfly and the body is the MS ribbon. On the ribbon I am going to have them put: 'never give up' in script, or 542, the number of letters in each word.

I was going for more of a black, white, gray tattoo in the beginning, but I think the color will be nice.

Now to find the best tattoo artist!

Comment

I just got one on the top of my right foot. Its along the outside and it says "Believe" I believe that with God beside me I can make it through anything!
                        "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

How about an MS teddybear?
                          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                          volunteer
                          MS World
                          hunterd@msworld.org
                          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

@LuvToWorship, the big question??..how bad was it on your foot. I heard it is one of the worse places to get a tattoo.

Comment

My husband and I both got the word Persevere tattooed on our inner right forearm, we each picked our own font and also, last minute, added a blue flame to represent our friend who had passed away a week before we got the tattoos.

The word is to remind both of us that no matter what, we need to keep going, to persevere. The idea started after my diagnosis in March, but also because of family life and a child with possible bi-polar but definitely some sort of mental health/behavioral issues, because of still dealing with daily pain from a car accident that happened in March of 2009, pretty much 3 years before my diagnosis.

Basically, for a quick reminder in the midst of fighting kids to keep going, a solid reminder to keep going when the MS is dragging me down with guilt because of what I am no longer able to do, and to keep going no matter what as it will get better. It might be different, but still ok. That might be a rose colored glasses viewpoint, but for now, that is what we are going with.

Comment

Working...
                              X