Spinal MRI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinal MRI?

How important is it to know if you have any lesions on your spine? I have a handful of lesions in a few places in my brain but I have never had an MRI on my spine and I'm just wondering if maybe this is something I should talk to my NEW neruo about? Is knowing that I have the lesions that I know about enough or should I actually look into finding out if I have more then that? What good would having that information do for me or my Doc?

If you're already DX'd and being treated, I don't think an MRI of your spine is that important. Ask yourself what would change. Your medication? If what you're taking now appears to work, why change it?

I was in a similar situation after I got DX'd and had started treatment. Another Doc in the Neuro unit was making a stink about me getting a lumbar puncture done.
    I had already done a crainial and spinal MRI and was six months into my DMD. I had to call him on it and rat him out to my Neuro. Why take the risk? What would the results change? She agreed.

Granted, the risk for a spinal MRI is pretty small but it also takes about twice as long as your crainial MRI and you really don't want to move for those two hours. Let's just say it gets pretty old after the first hour.

Now, if you or your Neuro were noticing new symtoms or if it looked like your current meds weren't working, a spinal MRI might be warranted but let your Neuro make that call.

Comment

Thank you for the response. Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking too. I just noticed a few posts with people talking about the lesions on their spines and it got me thinking. Which lead to this thread.

I figure if you already know the engine is blown why look at the transmission for problems.

Comment

Google spinal map.

Most of my problems were in my spine & less in my brain. The spine controls lots of your body. It is not necessary unless you are having problems.

KK

Comment

Working...
        X