Wisdom teeth and ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom teeth and ms

I have relapsing remitting Ms and yesterday I had a wisdom tooth removed but I have a few questions. First the dr wa worried about me being sedadative because of my ms. He says that he was worried about my breathing has anyone ever heard of this before? Another question would my infection of my wisdom tooth could it have been making my ms symptoms worse? Finally I know the pain medicine is the main reason of being so tired but will the recovery of the tooth make my ms symptoms worse? Has anyone experienced this or any other dental work that has ms?

Yes, on West Wing when the president is shot. It's the first time the audience learns of the MS storyline.
    Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Being sick with an infection will certainly make your MS worse but getting rid of the tooth will make every thing better.
      I don't think the sedative will affect your MS.
      When I had a colonoscopy I had the 'joy juice' with no trouble.
      I was just very talkative on the drive home.
      techie
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

First the dr wa worried about me being sedadative because of my ms.
        You can have a sedative when having MS.

would my infection of my wisdom tooth could it have been making my ms symptoms worse?
        An infection can cause a pseudo-exacerbation causing a temporary increase in MS symptoms. Once the infection is cleared up MS symptoms will usually return to what is normal for you.

Finally I know the pain medicine is the main reason of being so tired but will the recovery of the tooth make my ms symptoms worse?
        Your recovery should be the same as someone without MS.

Many years ago I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed, 2 removed at one time and 2 removed at another time. I had no problems with the MS.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
        X