lhermitte's sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lhermitte's sign

I was thinking today about how I haven't had any lhermitte's sign since last summer. I was diagnosed with MS in May and that was one of the symptoms I was having that went away in July or August.

I also had that same sensation back in 2000 and a neurologist did an MRI which showed nothing and I had no other symptoms. The general concensus is that I've had MS at least since 2000 and went 11 years before my next flare. This one MUCH worse and the symptoms were the catalyst leading to a diagnosis. MRI this time showed many lesions on the right side of my brain and one lesion on my spine.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the lhermitte's sign is indicitive of an active lesion and when it goes away that lesion has calmed down so to speak?

one lesion on my spine.
    Hi shellos8,

L'Hermittes would have been caused by that 'one' lesion. Could it have calmed down? Sure. Can L'Hermittes show up again and the lesion not be active? Yes.

It's normal for symptoms to come and go or to have residual symptoms, that's just the nature of the disease. Lesions do not tell the whole story of this disease.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X