Possible answer to prayer- home on the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible answer to prayer- home on the market

For those who are prayer warriors, would you please help me to pray about something? I have known for over a week about a home that someone was going to put up for sale. I knew because a good friend of mine called me and told me about it. It is near her house and she knows the current owners.
    She called me because she knew how badly I want (and really do need) a one-level home. It has been my prayer request that we find one in this school district, with enough space for my parents to visit comfortably, a nice fenced-in back yard, and preferably near my kids' friends. This house not only meets ALL of those criteria, but also has a STAIR GLIDE leading downstairs to the basement (partially finished, with a spare bedroom and 3/4 bath; perfect for my parents).
    We haven't put our home on the market for several reasons: we don't have much in savings towards a downpayment, we have a home that would definitely sell, but does need a few improvements here and there, and it is difficult to find a ranch home IN our school district that is the RIGHT size. Therefore, we haven't been pre-approved for a home loan.
    I was hoping that we qualified for a PHFA home loan, but I was looking at the previous year's combined income (2010); not the one from 2011 (which is too much).
    Will you help me to pray that, if this is the house that God wants for us, He will make a way? That He will show us clearly that we need to apply or pre-approval for a loan? It JUST was listed TODAY on the market, so my realtor sent me an email with all of the specs.
    Thanks, in advance, for any and all prayers!
    -Sherry

I will definently send prayers your way Sherry, and if it doesn't work out always remember things always work out in the lords bigger plan for us all.

Comment

readingteacher

Hope and pray it goes your way...sounds perfect!

Good luck
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

I'll be praying, Sherry. If it's your home, God will make a way. If it doesn't work out, then God has something better for you.

Hugs,

Lisa
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Prayers headed yur way.

JudySz

Comment

Wow, it sounds perfect! Prayers for you and your family that this IS the house you're supposed to have.

You don't want this house because of greed, I think your first few pro-house points were that it's 1 level, in your kids' school district and your parents can visit comfortably... not exactly the features a greedy person would think of.

I really hope this works out for you. Please keep us informed.
            Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Update

We went last week to the mortgage company to see what our options were. Turns out that it is better for us to get a conventional mortgage (cheaper and easier to qualify) than to apply for any of the PHFA loans. We will find out if we are pre-approved for a loan today.

Later, same day (Friday), we got a tour of the house from the realtor. It was exactly what we need! I even rode the stair glide down and up the stairs to the basement. My kids loved it, my husband was very impressed, and I absolutely loved it!

Later that day, our real estate agent called me to say that she told the seller's agent of our interest, but also that there was already an offer on the table. She did say that it was much less than what the owners wanted. She told their agent that we were very interested; just waiting on our pre-approval and that our offer would be contingent on the sale of our home.

She has told us that our house will DEFINITELY sell; but we haven't put it on the market yet. We HAVE to declutter and their are a few "fix-ups" that need to be done (regardless of whether or not we sell). Seems a bit risky, says my hubby, to put it on the market in the interest of getting this particular house.

The housing market here is booming (marcellus shale business is attracting a lot of new people to the area), and our township is in high demand. There are a lot of people wanting to live in our area, and the homes here (that are in good shape) go quickly. It's hard to find one that isn't a downsizer or extremely large. Our home is in one of those PERFECT locations (near elementary school, near bus stops, in a cul-de-sac, etc.).

Please pray with us that if God wants us to have the home we looked at, that He will provide a way. According to my kids, "We prayed; God answered." Oh, to have a childlike faith!

-Sherry

Comment

Working...
              X