Pain on bottom of feet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain on bottom of feet??

I thought I posted this but it is not showing up??

Over the weekend I noticed that I had pain on the bottom of both feet. Felt like I had walked or stood on them for hours, but I never left the house and basically just relaxed, watched TV, etc.

I thought I saw a post on this before, but not sure if it is an MS thing or not??

If it is, what is it??
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

My pain is in everything that is above the bottom of my feet.

Comment

I discovered a similar problem about 1-2 months ago. The balls of both feet hurt, sometimes would go numb and tingle, and sometimes shooting pain. Finally the pain went away in the left foot but it's still there in the right foot. I'm on my feet at work, sometimes 2 hours at a time, but sit at a desk most of the day. I started looking at the shoes I wear, especially at work, and have decided after trial and error that some shoes definitely affect how my feet hurt. It doesn't matter if they are flats or have a slight heel. Now I'm down to 3 pairs of shoes, and the one's I've kept are Merrell tennis shoes. They seem to have more arch support and I need support at the heel and back of my feet. Even though I have an office job, I've requested an accommodation to wear athletic/comfort shoes.

Anyway, I believe my pain is caused by the way I walk with MS. I have foot drop, my foot comes down hard. I've tried to correct this, and it's better than it used to be. But my foot still comes down hard. My gait is off balance a lot, and I noticed that I step more on the outside of my foot, rather than the flat of my foot. My weight isn't distributed evenly, and I think over time it's pulled that muscle from heel to ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
        My pain is in everything that is above the bottom of my feet.
        So sorry! Luckily, most days I don't have a lot of pain, just an annoyance factor pain...including now the bottom of my feet!
        Ampyra 10mg 2xday
        Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

jbell - I saw your other post and will delete it as this one has responses and the other one doesn't! I have pain all the time on the bottom of my feet too, btw. I have to soak them in cool water from time to time. they are numb in places too. It is soooo weird!!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Seasha, thanks they both showed up at once, so I wasn't dreaming I posted them twice!

And thanks for confirming the foot thing! My right leg/foot is the affected one, so it surprises me that both feet ache on the bottom, especially since I hardly moved all weekend!

I also had a bad case of RLS this morning as a 3 am wake-up call, so tired today as well. Welcome to Monday, ugh.
            Ampyra 10mg 2xday
            Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

I had pain in the bottom of my feet for several months, and the sensation that I was walking on basketballs.

Don't ask why 'basketballs', because prior to that sensation, I have never walked on a basketball to know what it might feel like. That seemed like a good analogy for the sx at the time. At least in my head it was.

I hope you're not on your feet much and the pain resolves soon.

Comment

I have had pain in my heels and in my forearm for about a year. Everything had subsided and was not bothering me until a week ago when it came back with a vengeance. I take 1200 mg of gabapentin for it daily. 300 mg at breakfast and at lunch and 600 mg at bedtime. That much seems to be taking the edge off, but I am calling my neurologist to increase it.
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I can imagine what it's like to be beaten on the bottom of the feet. I also went through a time when it felt better to "slap" my feet on the tile floor. Now they tingle all the time and often feel like I'm being jabbed with a pin.
                  Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

I have had alot of trouble with my feet also, the different feelings range from walking on marbles, severe pain in soles like I have been on them ALL day, burning so bad I think their on fire, pins and needles, to numbness

This does not happen all at once thankfully, some things only last a couple days, some last months. At the moment my feet feel fine (touch wood).

Hope you get some relief soon
                    Cheers
                    Kathy
                    2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

I'm getting a kick out of reading everybody's sx with their feet. marbles, basketballs, jabbed with pins.... I can laugh because I've lived with my numb, painful, on-fire feet for years now and it's really hard to describe!!!

Have you ever (when you were a kid) put glue on your hands and let the glue completely dry? (we used to do that all the time) They get all tight and weird feeling? Again - hard to describe. Well, that's what the numb parts of the bottom of my feet feel like in places. And then sometimes it feels like I've got duct tape stuck to the bottom!! And of course, there's nothing there....
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Me! I do! I have pain on the bottom of my feet. I live in Florida, and live in flip flops so I bought some real shoes. I guess it helps some, but really....it doesn't. Mine also feel like I have been standing on them for days on end. My MS doc doubts its the MS. I don't doubt it. They hurt! A lot! I even limp sometimes because of it.

The doc suggested it was plantar fascitis. But my feet feel bruised.....

Add it to the list....lol....

Comment

Originally posted by lemstar View Post
                          The doc suggested it was plantar fascitis.
                          FYI, a telltale sign of plantar fasciitis is that it's the worst when you first get out of bed. Good arch support and stretching is usually enough to get rid of it.
                          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Gotta say "me too". I agree with the numb, feet on fire comment..that describes me. They gave me some pills for neuropathic pain. Does that mean I'm imagining it?
                            [I]Tellnhelen
                            Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

i get this too as a waxing and waning symptom...it's waxing now. my feet have odd sensations and a bothersome burning feeling at various times during the day. its more annoying than anything, thankfully.
                              dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

Working...
                              X