Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy

I've been sooo dizzy and off-balanced since this past weekend! To the point that I'm using my cane when I'm walking. The only relieve is to lay down or sit down with the head very still without looking sideways and such.

Called the doctor and waiting a call back. What do I take meanwhile? What relieves this symptom for you?

Thanks!
    First episode with third pregnancy
    On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
    Proud mommy of three children

Have you tried Gravol? Or any motion sickness remedy? They make me so sleepy but sometimes it's a small trade off. Good luck and let us know if you find something that helps.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hi again!

I finally got my doctor to call in a Rx and he prescribed Amantadine for dizziness! Never heard of that medicine for dizziness. It didn't work in the past for fatigue for me. I'm so desperate. I've been seated all day (and most of last week) trying to avoid moving my head.

I already tried several antihistamines and a homeopathic remedy and no relief.

Is there anything else to try over the counter until I speak with him again tomorrow?

Thanks!

Comment

For some MSers meclazine/Dramamine type motion sickness meds work.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

dizzy

I can so totally relate to this. I suffered with dizziness for about a year. Tried over the counter meds for motion sickness and a host of prescription meds for dizziness such as Meclazine and Amantadine, none of them worked. Finally my nurse practitioner suggested we try Valium. I take a 1/2 of a 5mg tablet as soon as I feel the "spinning" start and it works!!! It truly has changed my outlook and quality of life.....Good luck to you!!

Comment

Ahh, Valium is a miracle! I was put on 5 days of IV Solu-Medrol because this relapse got totally out of whack! I'm now doing then the taper and felling improved, but still ambulating with my cane. The fatigue, the fatigue!

I also started Rebif today, so I hope this one works for me. This is my 3rd therapy in 2.5 years. Ahh, the beauty of MS!

The one thing that has me thinking the most is that I've been needing my cane more and more in recent months and it just scary to think if I have to get to a wheelchair at some point. I'm just 35 years old! I guess it is just fear of the unknown.

Anyway, thank you all for your advise and be well. Thanks for "listening".

Comment

Working...
            X