New and need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and need some help

Hi. I am new here. I have a question for those here on the board. I don't know if this is MS related or not. I have lower back pain that feels like tingling but does not travel down my legs. It is in a specific spot in my lower back. My doctor took x-rays and there is no disk disease. I was wondering if it is a part of my MS or not? Anyone else have this problem? Some nights I can't sleep because I can't stand it.
    "A candle looses nothing from lighting anoher candle".

Well, I don't know. (There, that was helpful.) There's every chance it's 'just' lower back pain. Or it could be MS.

If I sit still for too long, the pain is considerable to say the least. Just my back, not down my legs, but I think in my case it's old (42) age, and not walking around enough.

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, GreenDay04! It's nice to meet you and glad you found us. I really can't answer your question, but hopefully someone reading your post will have a similar experience and can help. Have you talked with your neuro about this? Take care~
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I have back pain. I take naproxen and flexoril for it. Call your primary and ask if he/she feels it may be MS related. Do you know if your lesions are primarily in your spine? I often feel that may be the source of my pain, but haven't asked yet.
        Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was told my lesions are primarily in my spine. I just have had this pain for a long time (way before my diagnosis) and was wondering what it could be. I have had x-rays before and they thought it was arthritis but on the tests it never showed any bone problem. Some days it is unbarable. I can't stand my own skin. It is a burning but even though it is in my lower back, it doesn't shoot down my leg like a pinched nerve or anything. Also I get these times when my left foot feels like it has gone to sleep but I was walking around or doing something like lying down that wouldn't normally cause your foot to fall asleep. And it isn't my whole foot. Just the last two toes and alone the outside of the foot. Like I said I have had x-rays and my spine (the vertebra) is fine - nothing is pinching or I don't have any disease in the bones. Just something that is bothering me a lot. I hate to go to doctors. I really do.

Comment

GreenDay,
            I have always had back pain, at least for the past 30 years (I'm now 53). I had x-rays and chiropractic adjustments. I took Alleve and other OTC pain relievers for years. This past September, I had a disc bulge out and pinch the nerves that run down my right leg. I had surgery, which fixed the spine but I still have bothersome back pain. I think the pain is MS related and, for me, it has always been that way. The best way I have found to get long term relief is to join an exercise class in a pool setting. I hope this helps you.

Comment

I get the foot thing too. For me, it feels like a very tight band around my whole foot.
              Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

I really don't want to go to my doctor with this again. I will just live with it.

Comment

I have pain everywhere lol but it moves lol I was diagnosed with fibro along with ms. I would go back to your dr, it could be something not related to the ms that needs to be taked care of.

Comment

I,have a similar situation. I do have a bunch of,ruptured disks but my pain mgmt doctor says none of them should be causing the pain and tnglng where I have it. They do explain other pain in my lower back and some in my legs, but not all.

I have numerous lesions in my thoracic spine and one on a nerve root in my lumbar spine so neuro, paid doctor and I are putting it under the MS column.

Pain guy tried a nerve block injection and the pain lessened but not the tingling.

I've been learning to manage pain with mindfulness and mediation because I have bad reactions to pain meds. It doesn't make it go away, but somehow I'm mostly able to live with it.

Good luck!
                    Melissa Goerke
                    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X