My Right Foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Right Foot

Usually, I have trouble with my left side, but for the past couple of days my right foot has been giving me trouble. It started a couple of days ago when it felt like a pin was being jabbed into it, now it feels like there's a really tight band around it and throbbing pain on the top near the ankle. It's so distracting and difficult to explain to an "outsider."
    Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

MoonBeam.......

5 years ago I had terrible pain in my L-ankle. I showed the bruise to my fam doc. He dismissed it as having bumped it on something and just did not feel it due to my diabetes. A couple weeks later it got worse and I went to the local walk-in clinic.

They did an Xray
    and found a bone spur right where the bruising was happening. My weak ankle was allowing the bone spur to tear at my ankle and causing internal bleeding. I was sent home with an ankle brace then a couple months was Rx'd AFOs. This was a couple years before my formal MS dx.

Your problem could be anything, MS related (likely) or otherwise. I would bring this to your doctors attention.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

It's happened before, and it goes away in a couple of hours. I'll call, but I doubt they'll do anything. I just saw the neuro. I need to call and find out if he can give me something for the spasticity.
      Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Working...
      X