Results of my follow-up (2nd try)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results of my follow-up (2nd try)

I hate when I do that; hit one stray key and lose everything (or find out later that my unfinished message is posted and looks silly ).

Brought my list of Q and my printed list of meds. Had to explain the background of all that happened up to my hospital stay (and the duration of the stay, etc.). It was in my local hospital and they operate on a different system; communication is not all that good between the two...yet.

Results:
    -I will be starting Neurontin.
    -I will be doing the scooter eval. at a closer facility (she rewrote the scrip for me)
    -I will NOT be having my relatives stay here for a week
    -Will be discussing a change in my DMD with my neuro in September; supposed to go back in 6 weeks to see how I'm doing after completion of tx.
    -Too soon to do an MRI (still on Prednisone) and it may not be necessary.
    -All else, I think, are things that I need to look into along with my dh (finances, possible home loans/selling current home, help at home from a reputable agency (if insurance covers it, etc.).

I have to say that I TRULY appreciate how much time she spent with me and how she filled both sides of her paper with notes to share with the neurologist. That meant a lot to me.

Progress.

Readingteacher,

Don't you feel better and like you have a sense of control when you make a list?

I don't know if it is a "teacher trait" or not, but I teach and I make lists all the time.

The organization that lists provide allows you to see what has been accomplished and what still needs to be completed.

I don't mean to diminish the original purpose of your posting. I am glad that you are making headway with your concerns.

I take Neurontin and I am very happy with it. I also am considering a change in my DMD- big decision there!

I applaud your decision to not have your relatives stay with you. If they get a hotel- you will be better able to take care of yourself. Being hostess is not in your best interest- even if they offer to "do everything for your." Just having several extra people in your house add to your stress level.

Please take care.

Comment

Glad you were satisfied with the thoroughness of your appointment, that's always a relief! Really glad your relatives won't be staying with you, it's exhausting having to be "on" if that makes sense.

I just visited a friend for a few days and was absolutely spoiled, I've been home since Mon and I'm still tired from just talking and laughing. Hope your new med regime goes well for you too!
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Lists. Yep. I'm a big with making lists, so I don't forget. Then, I sometimes lose the list!

Yes, I'm much relieved that I won't have a houseful, but was much STRESSED over the fact that my dh kept trying to persuade me to reconsider yesterday! He was just making me so much more upset; didn't realize (of course ) that I was going thru a lot of nerve pain and an emotional roller coaster at the time. Was much easier talking to his sister about it; REALLY!!

The compromise: the cousin who is staying here (while my ds is staying at her house in RI) will stay for another week and her older sister (almost 16) will join us, as she comes back from a camp nearby. This is acceptable to me, b/c the older girl is very helpful and will make it easier for her sister if she gets homesick. The younger cousin is great company for my very NEEDY dd.

Everyone else who was coming here will probably go to my sil's house. Oh...and my dh told me to inform the OTHER sil about it. His sister said, "What?! He's making YOU do that!?" when I spoke to her this morning. Thinking I'll be handing over that printed list from another thread about "What living with MS feels like..." to my dh TODAY.

As for the Neurontin, I'm nervous about it, but have only taken it for one night. I probably shouldn't have read the "scary" paper that comes with it from the pharmacy. I almost didn't take it, but that nerve pain hit me hard last night and again today (after an outing with the girls to a free movie - summer free movie programs are SO great!).

And, as for the DMD, I don't really HAVE to think about it until I see the neurologist in 6 weeks. I'll choose to focus on other things. Seems like there are plenty of things for me to do and to think about, already.

Comment

Working...
        X