I heard 68!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard 68!

My husband and I were watching (on tv) the NASCAR Sprint Cup race today, which was in Indianapolis. At some point during the race one of the announcers said "it's a nice 68 degrees here at the Brickyard (Brickyard is the name of the track). I said "WHAT?! Why couldn't we have gone to THAT race?!". My husband didn't understand what I was so excited about, so I told him the announcer just said it was 68 degrees there! I was so jealous!

So, my husband says, no... It can't be. So, he rewound and replayed the announcer CLEARLY saying "it's a nice 86 degrees here at the Brickyard". What?! It didn't even kind of sound like 68 (the second time).

I have misunderstood lots of things that people said, but most of that is probably normal (I think). I say the wrong things sometimes, and don't even realize it until someone points it out to me.

Then there are those times that I am FULLY AWARE that I just asked the Pharmacist at CVS where their bermuda sod is!! So embarassing... There have been many, many of those type episodes, and I'm typically so rattled that I don't even bother to say why I something so strange.

Has this happened to any of you? I could certainly understand it if I was reading and transposed the numbers, but hearing 68 and 86? They sound nothing alike!

By the way, it was a good race, and my guy Junior came in 4th! Carl Edwards (errr), not so lucky! Bahahaha!
    , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Guess I shouldn't rub it in but we had a nice 68-70 degrees here today..that's one of the main reasons I stay here
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

I mishear stuff a lot too and misread things sometimes. When I was teaching, I would hear the student say something weird and have to have them repeat themselves a coupld of times. I know it was annoying, but sometimes what I heard was not always appropriate .
      Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

This is a funny disease isn't it. My dh and I are contiuously arguing (in a fun way) about what some one said or what I said. I know now thanks to that pause and rewind buttons that most of the time I am wrong. My kids laugh at me because I say the most interesting things.

My phone recently took a dive in my tea. Now when I text and hit the g or t buttons 5 or 6 letters come up. my beautiful and loving daughter says I now text how I talk. She actually understands the text.

Just got to laugh I guess.

I also read things wrong and write them wrong too.
        DIAGNOSED=2012
        ISSUES LONG BEFORE
        REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
        X