Radial Nerve Palsy MS symtom or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radial Nerve Palsy MS symtom or not??

I have a question. In the winter of 2010, I had lost the use of 3 of my fingers on my left hand.. I did physical therapy and it eventually came back. I wasnt diagnosed with MS til May of 2011. and assumed that when i was diagnosed, that this hand thing was one of my first symptoms. I now have it again, my neuro called it Radial Nerve Palsy, and says its NOT related to my MS and I probably just slept wrong.. i dont buy it. What are your thoughts on this, and have any of you ever had this before? its also called Wrist Drop.
    Thanks in advance for any advice or insight

I have cared for three patients with this condition, all of them homeless, who were also told they probably slept on it wrong. Personally my gut was telling me the one kid was definitely going to end up with a MS diagnosis based on other issues but I don't know what happened after he was discharged.

Jmo but I would attribute any of that weird neuro stuff to MS if someone was later diagnosed but I haven't really researched it. I have had two family members with Bell's Palsy and it just seems too coincidental to me with what I know about the genetic implications of having MS.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

MS= central nervous system
      Radial nerve palsy= peripheral nervous system

the two are not related, but you know your body best and if you have any doubt you should ask for a nerve conduction study and EMG. if there is something going on peripherally there is a good chance that those will show it. do your research and find the best doctor in your area (or even be willing to travel a bit) that does emg/nerve conduction studies because they are not 100% as far as diagnostic capability goes (sometimes it will show nothing as in my case and there are still clinical signs for a peripheral neuropathy present) so to get the most accurate results, you really need the best on this.
      dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

Originally posted by meeegun View Post
        MS= central nervous system
        Radial nerve palsy= peripheral nervous system

the two are not related, but you know your body best and if you have any doubt you should ask for a nerve conduction study and EMG. if there is something going on peripherally there is a good chance that those will show it. do your research and find the best doctor in your area (or even be willing to travel a bit) that does emg/nerve conduction studies because they are not 100% as far as diagnostic capability goes (sometimes it will show nothing as in my case and there are still clinical signs for a peripheral neuropathy present) so to get the most accurate results, you really need the best on this.
        Great point but because they communicate together to make things function properly I'm not so sure they should be considered as two separate entities when looking for a possible connection.

Interesting stuff thats for sure.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X