Med side effects or MS symptoms???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Med side effects or MS symptoms???

My neurologist recently prescribed Ampyra for me and also tanaflex generic at night for muscle cramps. Both were prescribed at the same time and both Rx's have similar side affects that I already was experiencing from my ms (i.e, leg weakness, balance, etc.).

I quit taking the zanaflex since I wanted to give the Ampyra a chance to see if it worked. But I've been on it now for almost 3 months and don't see any difference. In fact, my balance and walking seem to be worse. Not even sure if I'll pass the requirement for authorization to stay on it.

Has anyone else have this problem, and if so any suggestions?

My MS is pps. My neuro. said to give ampyra a try as it works for some- never had to do any "walking"
    test. It was obvious I would meet the requirements. I took it for 8 weeks. I had increased burning feet sensations and night leg twitches, often disturbing my sleep. So I stopped taking it. My walking did not impove, maybe even got a ittle worse I am now on gabapentin, 300mg. and it has helped the burning and leg twiching. I get a decent nights sleep!

Comment

Working...
    X