Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain

Hi,

I have been experiencing some new feelings/symptoms for the past week or two. I have noticed that my hands get very painful along with the numbness and tingling. When I grasp something with my left hand, it is actually painful until I let it go. I also have intermittent sharp pains that go down my whole leg (it happens to both legs). They are so sharp at times that it literally takes my breath away.

I'm already on baclofen, but I'm not sure if this would be considered a flare or not. Even though my hands "feel" different to me on the inside, my grip still feels good. I say this because my neuro always has me squeeze his fingers to check my grip, but this doesn't tell the whole story.

I haven't called my neuro, because I am scheduled for my 6-month followup next month. I hate the thought of taking more medicine, because I have already had to stop the Copaxone after 1-1/2 years because it was causing hives.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope someone can offer some thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

SMNC
    Dx 10/13/09 after 5-1/2 years of symptoms. Started Copaxone 11/1/2009. Stopped Copaxone 05/2012

I don't know what to suggest, esp if you're to see your neuro soon and you feel that's enough.

I too have pain. People ask about pain, and I just tell them that I always have pain, but I'm so used to it that I don't always feel the severity. When the doctor asks on a scale of one to ten, I always say about a five. Numbness seems to be worse after a more serious bout of pain.
    Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Originally posted by smnc2002 View Post
      When I grasp something with my left hand, it is actually painful until I let it go. I also have intermittent sharp pains that go down my whole leg (it happens to both legs). They are so sharp at times that it literally takes my breath away.
      Personally, I would not assume that these sx are from MS. There are all kinds of possible musculoskeletal causes with no connection at all.

Your GP they might be able to get to the bottom of it, but I go straight to my physiatrist for these kinds of problems...
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
      X