Medrol pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medrol pack

Does anyone know if medrol pack eventually cause gastritis?

Yes, prednisone can irritate the stomach. It usually happens while you're taking it, which means sooner rather than "eventually." That's more common at higher doses, but even low doses can cause stomach upset in some people. Medrol packs are low dose, so stomach irritation should resolve after the treatment is finished. If you have any concerns about gastritis, it's best to ask your doctor about it.

One of the OTC acid-reducing meds can be helpful. When I'm on high-dose steroids, I always take a generic acid reducer to prevent stomach irritation.

Comment

Medrol pack

I have been feeling sick for over a year with gastro problems at first i would start eating and with a couple of bites would feel full and my stomach feels hot and empty at times and now since january been feeling nauseated on and off but would last a little bit but this week has been the worst. Throughout the year i have been taking medrol pack for my ms symptoms. I have balance problems and get migraines. My eyes also feel like inflammation when humidity is high. I just wanted to share my symptoms. They where worse when i first got diagnosed and have been doing good so far regarding my ms.

Comment

I'm on my second 7 day pk of steroids in the past month now I'm burping rotten eggs . It's discusting I'm starting to mess up words sayin a different word than the one I meant to say . It's very frustrating .I can't eat anything when I get this rotten egg thing or I'll throw up .Is it bad to take steroids with an empty stomach ? I was happy to see this thread as I'm havin the same issues . I'm gonna check back later to see if there's anymore advice . Sorry I could'nt help I'm just in the same boat . Tammy
        A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
        (unknown)

Comment

Medrol pack

Yes tammy you have to eat while taking this medicine. Ive heard many things about steriods messing your stomach. I dont have an appt with my gastro until august. Can you believe it i have to wait so long with these worries.

Comment

When i first started using copaxone i would get this really bad left lower abd pain. I had colonoscopy done and other exams and they couldnt find anything wrong. Then it seemed to go away on its own. This year has been bad with nausea,full feeling,abd cramping,stomach feeling hot and empty. I hope this goes away on its own to.

Comment

Working...
            X