• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEY!! Where is everybody???

Okay, I figure either:

1) Your power is out, and your computer doesn't work, or

2) It's sooo hot where you are, you have no energy to
    even type your own name, much less a post.

I realize "Here Comes the Sun" is probably an inappropriate
    song to suggest here......hmmm....

Okay, so how 'bout "The 57th Street Bridge Song"!

Here's hoping this finds you all alive, well, and in one piece
    after all the storms/floods we've been reading about.

Keep cool and FEELING GROOVY!! If you can, chime
    in and let everyone know how you're coping with this
    heat wave! And feel free to suggest a song of your own!

Take care of yourselves,

me
    "I'm not limping!! I'm just favoring each leg differently!!"

Yuck

Oh so hot. Two tornados here last night. Power is a blessing.
    Have sweat through so many clothes.
    Chilly pads and vest help but not enough.
    Song
    'I Can See Clearly Now the Rain is Gone'

Rain would be ok but we've had 70 mph winds or more THREE times this week! Wo do not have a basement.

Stay safe and cool!

Comment

That bridge is on 59th!!

Comment

I know what you're thinking...it's 59th street...but hey,
        I'm only off by two blocks. I'll blame it on road construction!

"thru early morning fog I see....."

Take care of you,

me
        "I'm not limping!! I'm just favoring each leg differently!!"

Comment

Storms, no power. Finally got power back on. 104 temps add in the humidity. I am totally worthless. Leg pain, leg spasms, brain fog. And another week of this per the weather man. Including storms almost daily for the next week.
          SgrammieD

Comment

*snicker* YOU MADE ME hop over to utube and play YOUR SONG- then I got stuck over there watching so many S&G videos. Dang, I forgot how much I LOVED those guys! Either one alone is alright but together they were incredible!!
            Out here we just seem to get overcast and rain. It's not unusual to be under a flood watch of some sort though there isn't one right now.
            We had 4 days in May that reached 70, highest was 72. One day in June (last Thursday I think) hit 73. Other than that it's been 50's and 60's.
            But ya know what? After following the weather news the past several days with the storms, floods, fires, HEAT (!!) there won't be any more complaints from me about how cold it is here! I guess it's a plus that I never put away my winter clothes and sweaters because it never seemed to be getting warmer.
            Everyone thats in the midst of these awful weather episodes is in my thoughts- PLEASE be safe!!

Comment

It's so hot and dry here in East TN that last night I saw a Severe Thunderstorm Warning on the news and actually cheered! Unfortunately the darn thing never materialized. We did get a few sprinkles, but that's about it.

As for coping with the heat, I'm just staying in. Except for Saturday, when we broke a record set in 1930 at 105 degrees. We had my dad's memorial service outside that morning. But I had a couple of battery operated fans and lots of water. I survived (though my brother got dehydrated.)

Theme song here is "Let It Rain!"
              Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
              X