Biomarker research:medication response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    Somehow I still don't think our M.S. community has managed to convey how devastating this disease is, and if it's not "that bad", why would anyone want to donate money to it?

If you could throw enough money into a cause, it's amazing what happens! It's a bummer that our cause seems to be so far down on the list as M.S. is still considered an "orphan disease".
    I believe the misleading way this disease can lie relatively dormant for years before ravishing us might be part of the problem with it getting recognized as the monstrous thief it can be. Do we foolishly become cocky and deny the damage that is being done to us every year?

After 10-20 years of doing relatively well like Terri Garr or Annette Funicello for example perhaps it just isn't interesting anymore to friends, family or the public and at that point the person can no longer advocate or speak out for their self.

I don't know but there are so many of us and it can be so devastating that I just can't imagine why there are still so many misconceptions floating about.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X