Wow-- MRI with Vertigo activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow-- MRI with Vertigo activity

I have trouble with vertigo from time to time but I have never had an MRI during a time of vertigo issues. Mostly I am bothered if I lay on the right side of my head. Well being on my back for 1 1/2 hour was a challenge to say the least. I felt like I would go into a full vertigo spin at any momement. When it was over I had to sit up for several minutes before attempting to leave. Then I am sure I looked like I was on something as I walked to my jeep, thankfully I was in a hanicapped spot so not too far to walk. Then I sat for about 15 minutes before I dared to drive the 40 miles back to work. I felt dizzy and sick most of the afternoon and finally began feeling a bit better by evening. I was wondering if anyone that has dealt with this has any tricks to make it easier just in case I have a MRI at the same time I'm having vertigo issues again. Feeling somewhat "normal" today.

MRIs are terrible for me -- if I lay my head all the way back, the room starts spinning, vision blacks out, and I feel that I am going to throw up. The last MRI I did went fine though -- the lady doing it gave me a pillow thing so that my head wasn't all the way back, and I just made sure to lay down really slowly. Hopefully something like that will help you out.

Comment

Thanks JoeS I will keep that in mind. Somewhere I remember reading about keeping your head tilted as in a nodding position, chin closer to chest. With any luck I will not find myself in this situation again, my vertigo is very sparatic. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X