Leg Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg Pain

I have found out so much more about MS on this forum so I thought it would be a good place to ask a question about leg pain. My MS has been primarily sensory and cognitive so lately when I have been having leg pain for no apparent reason I have to wonder if it is from my MS. I haven't had any problems with walking so cutting the grass or vacuuming hasn't ever been a problem. Lately in the afternoon I have been having leg pain basically from the knee to my ankle in both legs. It isn't like having a sore leg because it is pain that I feel. I was diagnosed 10 years ago with MS but had symptoms for 10 years before that. Does anyone have any symptoms similar to this? Thanks for any help I may get.

I get arm pain, only in my right arm and usually at night. It is a dull achy pain and is only sometimes during the day.

I had tons of X-rays and some lab work and no other cause could be found, so my Primary care doc attributed it to the MS.

As a result of the pain being attributed to MS, I am taking several meds to try and keep it at bay but unfortunately only Vicodin seems to really stop the pain noticeably.

Comment

I had a similar pain over the winter. Mine turned out to be from what is called iliotibial band syndrome. Typically it is found in runners and athletes, though I am neither so it may be related to the MS...I have no idea. It was worse on one side than the other. Usually with IT band syndrome, the pain is from your hip to your knee. The IT band (search for photos on this) which is fascia that goes from the outside of your lower spine, down the outside of your leg and wraps around your knee -- it stabilizes your knee actually. I could press my fingers from the side of my lower back and feel the soreness all the way down the outer side of my thigh. Due to the swelling, it also caused sciatica as the IT band is somehow intertwined with the sciatic nerve.

I gained quite a bit of relief through physical therapy. I would check with your doctor to see what they think it might be and perhaps PT might be helpful for you.

Comment

I have had pain in so many ever changing places that is like someone has a voodoo doll of me and sticks it in random places. But my leg pain has been consistant for two years.

Comment

Legs

I have constant leg pain, like constant charlie horses. My Neuro said it was from spasm and put me on Baclofen. At first I was dealing with the pain during the day and only taking it at night. I have two children and it tends to make me sleepier. I have now started taking half a dose twice a day and taking my Nuvigil the same way, seems like the humidity and heat make it worse. It helps some, enough for me to make it through each day as long as I pace myself. I also noticed that regular massages help some too. I was going randomly for them and I have started to do 30 minute massages once a week.

You really need to call your doctor and let them know.
          Selina
          Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.~Menander

Comment

If you can try going to physical therapy. It has helped a great deal with my leg, hip and back pain.
            Doing the right stretches can do a lot in reducing pain.
            techie
            Another pirated saying:
            Half of life is if.
            When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
            Dogs Rule!

Comment

Working...
            X