Whining about heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whining about heat

I just have to whine a little about the heat. It's in the 90s here, and my cut-off point is around 80 - maybe a little higher if it's dry.

Today, I was meant to go ice skating, but the idea of walking half a mile in the 90-degree heat to get to the bus stop was too much for me. It makes me mad to be a prisoner in my own home this time of year.

I've got the window A/C on, and it's doing a good job in the room where it's installed. Usually it cools the bedroom reasonably well, too, if I leave the door open. Then I aim a really big fan right on me when I sleep. But I just couldn't wake up this morning. Turns out it was 86 degrees in my bedroom. I tripped out to the sofa and fell asleep there - and slept until about 2:00.

Ugh. Can't wait for autumn.

Whine away!

I feel your pain! I've been dragging all day because of the heat. I'm glad you have the A/C!

Comment

I'm dreading tomorrow because it's supposed to be up in the mid-90s. The one good thing is that I've got A/C in my bedroom, so at least I'll be able to sleep without getting sick.

I'm sorry you're feeling trapped at home. I'm lucky enough to still be able to drive, so at least I can get out of the house on days when I have the car.
      Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

I'm with you!

Heat sucks!!! I feel bad that I can't take my kids to the beach but I know if I drag myself down there that I'll have to call for help to get back home. They want to pick berries and blah blah blah...going to ball games for them every night is to much already!

Bring on fall...or bring back spring. (even though it never really came )

isamadjul
        (allyson)
        DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

I don't have central air. We have what's called "swamp cooling" in many of the older houses in Tucson, including mine. It works pretty well until the monsoons hit. Last year, my husband found window air conditioners which have helped, but what I would do at night is put a towel down on my bed, then spread about 8 ice packs that came with my cooling vest from MSAA, then put another towel down over them. That's how I could get to sleep at night. During the day, I'd have to wear the vest. Heat sucks; humidity's worse.
          Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Humidity is *definitely* worse, in my opinion.

Swamp coolers wouldn't work where I live, because the humidity tends to be up in the 80s or 90s when it's hot. Even after nearly two decades on the east coast, I'm still amazed at the way it can be foggy at 80+ degrees.

One thing that helps me when I'm relying on something other than A/C is to fill a spray bottle with water and peppermint extract, and spray that all over myself before I sit directly in front of a fan. It feels more cooling than just water.
            Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Whine away. I'll join you!

It's hot here as well and the news says it will be this way the rest of the week. UGH. Heat for me is the worst. I get 'foggy', exhausted and then I start walking like I'm drunk. Spring and Fall are the best seasons in my book! I'm going outside as little as possible.

Comment

I agree. I'm in NJ and it was 99 degrees here today. The second I walk out the door I feel my legs seize up and it feels like I have 25 pound weights on each leg. I can't stand the heat. Ugggghhh I can't wait for fall.
                Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
                RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
                Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Working...
                X