Feeling hopeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling hopeless

I am feeling hopeless. I have to move back in with my parents. Their house is not handi-friendly. I can't drive, and even if I could, I don't have a car. I feel that I am just going to whither away and die. I don't want to fight anymore.

I can understand where this is very difficult for you. Have you considered looking at this as a temporary situation where you are just visiting? Then, while you are there, save what you can and research places where you might be able to live independent from your parents. Contact your local MS support group or the local United Way for referrals.

Comment

Gosh I am sorry you are feeling so down. No one likes to lose their independence. Is that what you are going through? Where are your parents living?

If you like, you can email me. I just feel so badly for you.

Know that I care and hope things can improve a little bit.

Hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that you can get the upgrades that you need at your parents' home, and I hope you have a good relationship with them. I understand that feeling of hopelessness. I don't leave my house very often because it is such a pain to do so. Hope you're feeling better soon emotionally.
        Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

I think your should talk with your parents and tell them what your want .Anyway ,feeling hopeless cant solve any problem.

Comment

I'm sorry you're feeling like that. It's a miserable position to be in.

Do you have friends in the area, or anything that would help you to feel less isolated? (I could be wrong, but that sounds like at least part of what is making this hard.)

I hope it turns out better than it seems right now.
            Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

You are not alone!

Originally posted by NYJenn View Post
              I am feeling hopeless. I have to move back in with my parents. Their house is not handi-friendly. I can't drive, and even if I could, I don't have a car. I feel that I am just going to whither away and die. I don't want to fight anymore.
              You are not the first person with M.S. to feel this way. M.S. is unusual as you don't die from M.S., you just live with M.S. It is a hard to know if that is a good thing or a bad thing and certainly a difficult aspect of the disease to explain to people who don't have it.

You look like a sweet girl in your Avitar with a genuinely happy face. I think that your self-esteem has taken a recent beating, but this, too, shall pass. That girl is still inside you and you will find her again! The people on this website constantly inspire me and let me know that I am not alone in this.

I am your neighbor in Connecticut, and have my e-mail address here if you ever want to chat (although I must warn you I am a Sox fan! LOL!). Hang in there. I am rallying for you. Don't let IT win!
              Tawanda

Comment

Working...
              X