No announcement yet.

Intermittent hearing loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a moderate hearing loss, had it for decades before hearing loss Dx'd (started & ignored by/while in the Navy). MY hearing was normal when I went in and while stationed in Florida I developed a notch loss.

I don't get the mute button effect. I do, however I have experience hearing things others do not. One day in a mall store I could feel the pressure field in my ears. I asked the clerk if they had an ultrasonic alarm system. Guess WHAT?
    They had an ultrasonic alarm system and it was ON, BINGO! They turned it off and that was a relief to me.

I also have the problem of hearing but not understanding, even with my hearing aids, can be very frustrating!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

If you can handle one more doctor appointment, sometimes the plugged feeling can be from too much ear wax built up in your ear.

If it's bad, you are probably best off getting an ENT to clear it out for you, as the ear doctors I've spoken to say that home remedies are really great for their business (that is, they do more damage than not). On the other hand, my brother had an ongoing problem with ear wax buildup, and his doctor said that periodically dripping a little hydrogen peroxide in could help to clear up a small build up.

Just don't stick anything in your ear, because that can cause serious damage.
      Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Working...
      X