What the heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck?

Don't think I've ever heard this mentioned anywhere, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced it.

I did a little spring cleanup with a leaf blower on a neglected area of our property. Spent a couple of hours clearing maple seeds out of decorative rocks and such. I came in to wash my hands and get something eat/drink. Everything I touched with my hands caused an odd vibrating electrical sensation that traveled from my fingertips up into the wrists. Even touching my fingers to thumbs caused this. It went on for maybe 15 minutes and then finally went away.

Is this proof that I truly am an alien in disguise?
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

I have had that happen to me before, I wrote it off that I some how had bad circulation. It is really weird when it goes from your toes to your knees, I have had any weakness with it just that odd sensation.

Cheers!
    DX'd 2005 Too many lesions to count, and here I thought doctor's knew math...

Comment

I'd blame the leaf blower.

Comment

I think you are experiencing a normal feeling from the vibrations of the machine. I worked on a golf course and all of the machines left me vibrating afterwards.
        I would be exhilarated if I could use my lawn tools. By the way, if you have some spare time, my gutters need to cleaned out!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
          +1 on the leaf blower!

Even before MS I found that using one for more than a few minutes left my hands & arms vibrating for a while...
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Thanks. Probably just the power tools. They are a blast to use, eh? My first time with that experience, although I've used it longer and not had the same effect.

I'd love to do your gutters, except I leave the high jobs to hubby these days. Balance is too iffy anymore.

Comment

Idk. For me sometimes after the gym or physical activity I get that "buzzing" in my spine. A pulsating almost electric like shock from neck to butt. Doesn't last too long. 1/2 hour maybe.
              There are no problems, only solutions. - John Lennon

Comment

Ever heard of the "Phantom Cell Phone?"

Supposedly a big deal with Blackberry users. They will swear they felt their cell phone vibrate in thier pockets only to check it and find it off. Our brains get used to certain signals and will often mimic them.

As a teenager I used to go to the roller rink. Afterwards my feet felt like I should be skating in my regular shoes.

Sometimes they use this to relieve pain. They apply heat or vibration to a trigger point of a painful muscle for maybe fifteen minutes and strangly enough the pain lessens or goes away as the brain interprets it as an induced signal when the pain signal is still coming in. The brain then starts to ignore the signal the muscle relaxes and the pain diminishes.

Dave, Tampa, Florida :shades"
                "journeyman"
                Status: four months into what is usually a six month remission.
                Wx: At 11:50 AM. 92 deg. and 57% hum.

Comment

Vibration in hands

Luscious,

I have that feeling too in my fingers and my hand after the leaf blower. It's the leaf blower. I found that if I switch hands off and on while using it I don't feel it as bad and it subsides quicker. I notice it when I use the riding mower (hubby still has his Dad's old snapper) I have to hold onto the handle which is like a lever because I feel like I am going to fall off when I go sideways on the hill, lol. City girl trying to act like a country girl. I take it with a smile and tell hubby I love it when in fact I am still a city girl, lol.
                  Rubbing your hands and fingers afterward helps me too.
                  Hope you find relief
                  STR

Comment

Thanks for sharing, guys. Glad to know it's just the leaf blower. I'm going to take this as a good sign there might be some lost feeling coming back into my hands. The same thing happened with my feet recently, normal pins and needle sensations returned that had been absent for several years. Funny how a person can lose these things and not really notice until it comes back or goes away.

Comment

I got this using a sander. It is NOT a good thing and is bad for your nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
                        Right on bob! I love some humor mixed in to all of our nasty symptoms.....just helps to use humor to get through many days

Comment

OK I must be weird too. When and very rarely I sweep my broom has a metal handle and i can "feel'' the metal. Hard to explain. When I do vacuum my nerves party up and down my whole body.

When I touch my metal lamp I feel the metal in a strange way. When I plug something in I can feel sparks. I make my husband plug things in now. Thought I was crazy! Now as a joke I feel my friends heads to see if they have metal plates in them. Ha!

Comment

I've had that happen to.me when cutting shrubs with the electric thingamabob.. my husband has never had that happen to him so is it us.
                            limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Working...
                            X