Fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue

So I went to a sleep study because my insurance wouldn't cover Nuvigil fir my fatigue due to MS. I just got the call from the clinic. I have it and they want me to use a CPAP. My husband and aunt both use them and says it helps them so much. Problem is,they don't have MS. The doctor wants me to try this out for 6 weeks to see his it works. He doesn't want to prescribe the Nuvigil yet. I have one more week's sample and then I'm out.
    My question is has anyone here gotten relief with a CPAP machine alone for their fatigue? Thanks

I use a CPAP machine, and I didn't think it was gonna make a big difference in my fatigue levels, but it did make a difference! While the difference wasn't the same as the difference between night and day, it did help quite a bit.

I was given a loaner to try out for a week, and after that week, I didn't hesitate to get one. If you get your own CPAP, I hope you see as big an improvement as I did.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

My Neuro & family Dr thought I should get tested, I went and they said I had apnea. I have the machine now and evn have had an O2 concentrator added to the mix. (My Oxygen levels dropped into the 60/70% ranges when sleeping even with the c-pap)

Anyhow, it didn't help me feel more rested, or less fatigued, in fact I haven't slept well for the last three months, since I got it. The only time I started sleeping better is when I take melatonin or another sleep aid. Which I turned to out of desperation. I would lay in bed awake most of the night. So when I talk to my Dr's I hear " but you just THINK you aren't getting sleep". Umm NO Doc, I KNOW I am not getting any sleep. You really can't sleep if you're eyes are open. But hey, what do I know?

The only reason I am still trying to use it, is because of the fears I have about my oxygen going so low. I really was terrified when I found out about the low levels. I am going to check into the nasal pillow variety, see if that helps. I am not sure if it's the noise, the air movement on my face, the restriction, or all of the above. I just want to sleep again.

Comment

Yeah. I'm not sure how or if I'll get used to wearing it while I sleep. I guess all I can do is try it for myself and see what it does.

Comment

If u have trouble wearing the equipment for whatever reason, talk to the provider. There r many different facial variations, air flow can b adjusted, etc. My DH wears a nose piece resembling an oxygen tube for your nostrils. He feels so much better that he won't sleep w/o it! I hope you do well too.
          Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
          Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Many people have no problems with the cpap equipment (my DH for example), I just am one that it bugs. I am going on Monday to see if I can try the nasal pillow (?) type, It doesn't look as restrictive for sure.

Anyway, I apologize, I didn't mean to scare you off in any way. Truly hope it helps you. And once I get comfortable with it, maybe I will get more benefit also.

Comment

Working...
            X