Diagnosis undetermined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosis undetermined

Hi everyone! So I wanted to get opinions. I woke up Sunday morning feeling just weird. Nothing hurt, no sinus issues, flu, just a general bad feeling. I felt off balance and like things were moving around me but I wasn't. I didn't think anything of it. Just went on about my day. Monday woke up with the same problem. I went to the store and while I was driving became so dizzy I had to pull over. I still just didn't think anything and again went on with my day. Tuesday morning it was still the same general blah feeling and feeling of things moving around me but now I had a drooping right eyelid and nausea. I called my Doctor who immediately told me to go to the ER. I spent six hours there. The CT Scan was clear. No sign of a stroke, aneurysm, etc. They said it isn't Bells Palsy because the rest of my facial muscles are fine. This is isolated to my eyelid. I have no inner ear problems, eye problems, or sinus infection, etc. That was all cleared by the doc. They consulted a neurologist who stated he wanted to see me this week and stated repeatedly that he was concerned with early signs of MS. My appointment with him is tomorrow. I am sure I won't have complete answers tomorrow so I guess here goes the beginning of a battery of tests. I still have a drooping eyelid although it is a little better than it was but I am still experiencing vertigo and I am really tired. I have slept a lot but wake up still exhausted. I do have some tingling sensation in my legs..almost like it feels like I have creepy crawlies on me and I cant keep them still but that mainly flares up at night.

Does any of this sound similar to symptoms experienced by any of you? I am worried and confused and concerned and of course the wait has been adding to this.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jenn

So the doctors did a battery of tests. Let me guess that vitamin D levels were NOT tested. If one of those guys is thinking MS, you need an MRI for both your spine and brain. That's what I had. It took 2 years to get all of the tests completed and to get the dx. Also, Lyme disease needs to be ruled out. There's a test for that, too. Get all the tests as soon as possible. The doctors can't dx anything without the proper tests. Good luck

Comment

Hi Jenn:
      Welcome. Sorry to hear you're having some trouble.

What you're describing is a neurological issue that can have several different causes. For as many people who have the same symptoms caused by MS, there are others who have the same symptoms caused by some other condition. Even though the neurologist mentioned MS, it doesn't mean that it's the only possibility, and you can't try to predict what you have and what might happen to you based only on the experiences of other people.

You're right -- the waiting is absolutely awful! Patience is definitely the key now. Do you have family or friends you can lean on during the wait? Even if you are eventually found to have MS, there's still a lot of testing that has to be done to confirm it first. The process might be quick, but often it's long, scary and frustrating. In the meantime, try to keep your life as routine as possible. And come back and ask questions as often as you need to.

Comment

Thanks guys. No they only did a CT scan and blood work so far. The neurologist ordered additional blood work but I don't have those results yet. Will find out this morning. I go see the Neuro in two hours. I don't expect an answer as to what is going on today, I just hope they can give an idea of what it isn't.

Will keep you all posted. Thank you for the support.

Comment

Went to the neuro. He has narrowed it down to 2 possible issues. He is saying either MS or I had a stroke and it was too soon to show up on the CT scan I had Tuesday. I am going for an MRI on Tuesday. He ordered with and without contrast and a host of blood work. He stated depending on what the MRI shows I may have to have a spinal tap done. So I guess I wait.

Comment

Working...
          X