So frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So frustrated

I have recently decided to apply for Disability through SS. However, even more recently I have figured out that I don't think I have recent enough work credits to qualify due to only working part time since I have had kids. What a mess. I need a job, but can't get one because of my illness. Even if I got one, I wouldn't be able to sustain it, but my work history is too "old." Not sure what to do at this point.

Just needed to let that out a little.

If your income is low enough you could maybe get SSI, Tammy
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

Comment

I wound up only getting SSI because my work credits had expired. It's better than nothing, since I've tried to find work I can manage several times, even since getting disability, and I'm just not able to manage. I would've gotten more if I'd applied sooner, but I was in denial about my level of disability.

You might not be eligible for SSI if you're married, though, since I think they count a spouse's income into determining the amount you can get.

Still, it's worth applying.
      Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Working...
      X