Calling all limbo-landers limbo check in 5/23/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all limbo-landers limbo check in 5/23/2012

Good morning limbo island! The sun is out and the breeze is blowing. What a great time to visit the island. Grab a cabana boy or girl and order something to eat and drink. Grab a hammock and take a rest. The island is waiting.

How are you doing/feeling? I hope everyone is feeling better this week.

Any doctor apts this week? Any tests this week? Any doctors or nurses that need to swim with the sharks? Any one need to scream?

In island news - Welcome to all our new limbo islanders. I am glad that you found us and know you are not alone as you look for answers.

If you are undiagnosed then this is the place for you. Come and tell us your story. The island is waiting.

Well to day is the last day of school for my kids. Boy was last week busy and now it is time to slow down for a bit.

My arm is better some days and them some days it hurts all day. It may take weeks for it to heal and get back to normal so i am just taking it one day at a time.

Well i am off and running this morning. Trying to get some things done before kids get home. So everyone have a good day and i will check in later.

(((hugs))) to all.

Hi MVM. Thanks for the new thread. This is my son's last week of school as well. Trying to squeeze a lot in before we have free mornings. Only for a short time, as he goes to summer session.

Have a busy, busy week. Parents may stop by for a few short hours and want to have everything nice in case they do. Still have some planting and mulching.

Energy finally bouncing back, albeit very slowly. Vision blurring a lot lately with big blotches of blue here and there. Hope it's short-lived. Have GI procedure tomorrow.

Take care of that arm and enjoy the summer break.
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Happy summer vacation to your kids! Vacation is one of the good things about summer, isn't it?

I had an EMG last Friday, and now I've got a huge, aching bruise on my arm where he put the needle in. So that's not pleasant. It doesn't help that all he discovered is that I don't actually have carpal tunnel syndrome (my GPs had said that was the problem with my hands, but I'd suspected it wasn't because of how I have the same problems with my feet, but don't use those to type!)

I'm really feeling a lot of doubts this week. MS seems like the only thing that matches my symptoms that hasn't been ruled out, but I'd think that I'd have at least a few visible lesions by now (my first bout of double vision was in 1994, and the other symptoms started showing up around 1997/98, so it's been quite a while).

I'm wondering whether it's worth pushing for a diagnosis. There are some pros to getting a diagnosis:
      • having something clear to tell people when I'm trying to explain what's wrong.
      • knowing what's going on with me and having some idea of what will happen next.
      • TREATMENT. Boy, I would love to have some kind of treatment that will stop me from getting worse as quickly as I have been!

But I feel like maybe I'm just being a hypochondriac or something, and I can't help wondering if it's all in my head. My therapist and friends say that's silly, but it's there. And it's discouraging to go to doctor after doctor and have them insist there's nothing wrong, or see something wrong, but then an MRI comes out clear so they say it's nothing to worry about.

I don't want to be a hypochondriac, but I *do* want to feel better.

Sorry for the vent. I'm just really struggling right now.
      Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

lusciousleaves - Good to see you. Thank you for thinking of me. I am so looing forward to summer and home with the kids.

Enjoy your son being home and don't get to busy. Enjoy your planting and working in your garden.

Hope your GI procedure will go well and you get good news. I hope your vision and energy will get back to normal soon. Let us know how you are doing when you can and how your procedure goes.

Lots of (((hugs)))

JayEm - Good to see you. I love the summer with the kids home.

Bless your heart. It is all so frustrating. my MRI of my brain and spine show no lesions so i know how that feels. I know the feeling of wanting answers.

Just know it is not all in your head. I know it feels that way. I am glad that you came here to vent. We all know the feeling and just know you are not alone.

I can understand what you are looking for. Keep hanging in there and keep coming to the island. We are here for you and you can vent anytime. That is what the island is for.

Lots of (((hugs)))

well i am off to bed. Good night limbo island and sweet dreams. Lots of (((hugs))) everyone.

Comment

Thanks.

I'm really lucky, because any time I tell my partner that I feel like I might just be imagining all of this, or making it up, she makes it clear that *she* has no doubts at all that there is something physically wrong with me.

She talks about how she wants me on the real life equivalent of one of those medical mystery diagnosis shows, where the doctors will stop at nothing until they figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

I'm really grateful for the island. It's good to know I'm not the only person here in limbo, with all of these symptoms and nothing showing up explaining why they're there.
          Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Working...
          X