Confuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confuse

I was wondering how out there with MS also have sleep apnea? I was told I had MS in 2007 and about a year later I was told I had sleep apnea. So I was put on a C-pap machine. Now last week I had another sleep test and now I am going to have oxygen added because my count is going below 90. I have a good oxygen count in the day and from reading it is telling me my brain is not telling me to breath proper because I don't have OSA but CSA. (MY MAIN QUESTION IS THIS: IS MY MS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM ALL LIKELY?)

mountain boy.........

Interesting topic, as I am in line for a sleep study late summer- early fall, date/time not set yet. Not sure why Dr put in the request?

I will follow / watch this thread........

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

confuse

Well I reckon I will keep on being confused on my question about sleep apnea. I reckon I don't asked the right kind of questions because every time I asked a question I get very little respond to them.

I know that when I was dx with MS my doctor told me the chance of you dieing of MS will be slim but it will all likely play a part in whatever happen to you.

Comment

What does your neuro say about this...does he think it's MS related?

I don't have sleep apnea, but I do have things go wonky at night due a certain lesion.

For instance your BP is supposed to go down when you lay down, and mine goes up. Your urine production is supposed to slow down at night, and mine speeds up.

Just wondered if your respiration is affected some way by a lesion, because I have read that a CPAP does not help much when it's a lesion causing the problem. But if your oxygen is low, definitely the O2 is needed.

Here's a good article on Respiratory Problems and MS...it says needed additional oxygen from MS problems is rare, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

http://ms.about.com/od/signssymptoms...ratory_gen.htm

Comment

Working...
        X