Peeling skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peeling skin?

Three of my fingers became very dry and cracking a few days ago. This happens to me on occasion and I've never been able to find the cause or a remedy. This time, though, All of the skin on my thumb peeled off two days ago. Now my index finger is peeling - has anyone ever experienced this? Weird MS symptom - or something else going on?
    Peace, Love, Laughter
    michele - dx 2012, 1st sx 2000 - starting Copaxone 7/2012

Hi wildrose,

What you are experiencing might be another condition that is a different immune system issue.

Eczema or Psoriasis is fairly common in many people.
    My husband's hands crack and peel when they get too dry and I have a couple of patches of skin (not on my hand) that bother me in dry, cold weather.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/27...skin-on-hands/

It would be a good idea to visit your family Dr. and get a real diagnosis since I'm not a Dr.

Comment

MSW is probably not the best place to get a diagnosis, but personally, I was diangosed with the Psoriasis about the same time as M.S. (both being autoimmune). It is mainly on my knees and elbows.

Have you made an appointment with a dermatologist or your general practitioner? Hope you figure this out and get some relief.
      Tawanda

Comment

Thank you

I see my neuro tomorrow - will have to make an appt with pcp also - thank you both
        Peace, Love, Laughter
        michele - dx 2012, 1st sx 2000 - starting Copaxone 7/2012

Comment

Working...
        X