extreme balance problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extreme balance problems

I have had balance problems since I was first dx'd with MS. For the past month or so it seems to be getting worse. When I stand my body sways back and forth and I have to keep locking my knees to keep upright. When I walk i have to keep touching the walls to keep my balance. Anyone else have bad balance problems?
    Michelle

Balance

So, sometimes i have issues with that. Mostly when I am going down stairs. I have to really slow as the stairs think it's funny to move when I go down. It is really annoying.

I haven't been dx'd yet, but I have members of my family with MS and have a sneaking feeling what is going on with me. Just took me awhile to tell the doc.

We used to call me sister "weeble wobble" she would sway like that, but then it got better. maybe this is an "episode" and will get better?
    I hope so.
    Life is a Daily Challenge
    But Love Conquers ... Ky Nana

Comment

I have balance issues 24/7, but its better now than it was 5 years ago.

Wall Walking is one way I deal with it. I use a cane & scooter when out and about and have a power chair at home I use part time. (I have leg issues in additin to balance)

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Balance problems are common with MS.

This link offers help from the NMMS.
        Warning, it calls for strength building exercise.
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/liv...nce/index.aspx

Comment

Oh yes, walls are my intimate friends. Either I'm using one for support or I'm 'running' (in my dreams) into one.
          At least they don't move, unlike doors and small dogs.

Comment

Yes.
            if not for my cane, I would be bouncing off walls.
            Balance is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
              Oh yes, walls are my intimate friends. Either I'm using one for support or I'm 'running' (in my dreams) into one.
              At least they don't move, unlike doors and small dogs.
              Or hungry cats.

Canes really don't work for me. My husband found a tall, thick branch and it helps me more. I'm looking into trekking/hiking poles.

Comment

I have a walker but hats using it.
                Michelle

Comment

Working...
                X