Did ya miss me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did ya miss me?

Hi, everyone! I have been so busy for the past month or so, that I haven't had the chance to get on here. I praise God that I have improved so much since my hospital stay, that I have felt better, overall, than I had since September!

I'd like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Moms with MS sometimes have to work especially hard to keep things going (even when delegating) in the home. I had an early Mother's Day celebration last week when my mom was up here. My husband took us, and the whole family (my dad included) out to eat on Tuesday night. We celebrated early b/c my parents were leaving on Thursday.

So why, you may ask, am I online at 2:40ish in the morning on Mother's Day?? Well, as much as I've been improved as of late (walking around the house w/out assistance, up and down stairs when I have to, walking the dog while wearing my AFOs, taking part in chores : loading the dishwasher, helping with laundry, some cooking, etc.), I found myself having a 'dejavu' experience off and on all day yesterday.

I found myself feeling tired not long after getting up and having breakfast with the kids. This isn't always unusual on a school morning (hectic!), but it was odd on a Saturday morning. Went to lie down for awhile. Got up in time to get ready for a Ladies Luncheon at the church with my dd. By the way, she's still dealing with some severe anxiety issues at home, so it was a stressful time trying to get myself ready and get her moving at the same time.

Wonderful time at the luncheon; was careful to make sure I used my rollator and AFOs. Wonderful time listening to a speaker's testimony, singing together, eating a light meal, and just laughing/talking together.

Unfortunately, I had to take another nap when I got home. Legs were dragging badly. Got up a few hours later; put some laundry in and went to a couple of stores to run some errands. Even after using the supermarket scooter, I knew I was really done in. After some grocery items were put away, I looked at the pile of dirty dishes awaiting me. My dh had unloaded it for me earlier (kind of our routine). I drank something cold and sat for a bit. Finally I admitted to my dh that I just wasn't feeling well and needed to lie down, apologizing for the dishes (at least I did manage to stick some Taquitos in the oven to go with dinner).

I laid down for a long time, getting up for a bit to eat something. By 9 pm I was back in bed. I knew I may miss my nighttime meds routine, but I was a mess. So...that is why I got up at after 2 am today; to take my bedtime meds and get all of this off of my chest.

Was really disappointed in how my body "acted up" today. When I called my mom at 10 pm to wish her a Happy Mother's Day for today, I never mentioned how awful I felt. That would just ruin her day and make her worry. Trusting in the Lord to carry me through this, and asking for mercy; that it only lasts a day or so at most. Just convinced my dh I would be fine teaching one class in the fall. Timing, huh?

My dear friend, don't you know that you're not supposed to be feeling bad on Mother's Day? You're suppose to relax in bed until noon, have breakfast in said bed, and then luxuriate in the constant administrations of your loving family until midnight, at which time reality sets back in. At no time in that lovely itinerary are you supposed to feel bad! So get with the program, sister!

Seriously though, I do hope you feel better soon.

Hugs and prayers,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
    X