SEVERE fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEVERE fatigue

I'm sure there are already threads out there on this subject but I can't find them.
    I've been struggling with fatigue that is much worse than my normal debilitating fatigue. :/

It's gone on for two weeks now. Every part of my body that was affected by "the episode of doom" that hit me 4 years ago is so heavy and so weak. (everything from the neck down) My gait is much worse.
    I'm tired of struggling to walk.

I don't have any new symptoms, just a lengthy reoccurrence of some old ones.

Have any of you had a neurologist doanything helpful for you under these circumstances or do you just wait it out and rest... rest... rest?

thank you
    Compassion, forgiveness, these are the real ultimate sources of power for peace and success in life.
    Dalai Lama

Hello. I think a lengthy return of old symptoms qualifies as a flare.
    Rest and/ or 'roids, though the two don't go together so well.
    Ring your doctor. You shouldn't have to battle through this without some medical help.

Comment

thank you thinkimjob
      I did leave a message yesterday and haven't heard back. I was just going to drop it but I'll go ahead and call again today.
      I appreciate the reply.
      all the best
      c
      Compassion, forgiveness, these are the real ultimate sources of power for peace and success in life.
      Dalai Lama

Comment

My neuro typically starts talking about my sleep habits and may adjust my medication for fatigue.

Just because you do not have new symptoms does not mean that you are not experiencing an exacerbation of current or old symptoms. It could be a worsening of symptoms. It is possible it will change in a few days. Sometimes fatigue can affect you differently on different days, I have never heard of "consistent fatigue" , as in the exact same fatigue from day to day.

My fatigue is far worse some days. Some days it comes within 30 minutes of waking. Some days I am too drained to even go to the bathroom without extra mental convincing HA!

Comment

Originally posted by spoiledbrat View Post
          Sometimes fatigue can affect you differently on different days, I have never heard of "consistent fatigue" , as in the exact same fatigue from day to day.

My fatigue is far worse some days. Some days it comes within 30 minutes of waking. Some days I am too drained to even go to the bathroom without extra mental convincing HA!
          Hi spoiledbrat (would love to hear the history of that screen name )
          My fatigue can be fairly consistent at times. When it is, I think it is often tied into an exacerbation. I've always referred to exacerbations of m.s. as an episode when new symptoms appear for me. Perhaps it's an "old" symtom kind.
          I sleep well (with melatonin) and have been resting lots. I don't like fatigue meds. I have an issue with anxiety and those drugs just aggravate that problem. Today though- I'm about to go to an awards ceremony with my son that I don't want to miss and then a friend's daughter is having a grad party. All morning I lay in bed literally not moving. Finally my partner said- "today is the kind of day they make those meds for." I pulled out the amphetamines that I was given years ago and hardly ever use. I'm starting to feel like I can get up and move, so, they certainly have their purpose.
          It's not a permanent fix though. My neuro's nurse still hasn't called me back. It's time to go in and find out what's going on.

hope you are having a good day today.
          all the best- c
          Dalai Lama

Comment

cara_lea,
            I can't imagine what you're talking about... fatigue, what? lol
            I haven't been without it for 5 years. It's one of my constant companions. I wonder if you tried any of the homeopathic remedies ? There's acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid (ALA) . There are some other ideas that have surfaced on this site. I am giving them a try. Hope you will find a solution. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
              cara_lea,
              I can't imagine what you're talking about... fatigue, what? lol
              I haven't been without it for 5 years. It's one of my constant companions. I wonder if you tried any of the homeopathic remedies ? There's acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid (ALA) . There are some other ideas that have surfaced on this site. I am giving them a try. Hope you will find a solution. Good luck
              that's funny- someone (w/o M.S.) asked me if I had tried homeopathic options the other day. I blew it off even though I used them a LOT on my kids when they were young. I hadn't considered that this would be helpful in this circumstance.
              That's strange for me, I guess M.S. has just become such an overwhelming monster in the last few years part of me has given up on the alternative therapies I used to use so religiously.

thanks again for the post
              Dalai Lama

Comment

Working...
              X