oh yeah, I have that too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah, I have that too

I KNOW a lot of you will know my frustration, which is why I am posting.

I asked to sit at the end of a row the other day as it was evening, and I get leg spasms. 2 ladies said, "Oh yeah, I get those too." I smiled, and then when my leg shot about 10" into the air, their eyes got big.

I don't think their leg spasms do that. (I ended up going home, so I was glad I was at the end of the row. The lead was out of tune, so that added to my desire to leave as that hurts my brain.)
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Gee, I am sorry your night was not very good!! I bet you were looking forward to it too. And you sound so disappointed too.

To your point, "Oh yeah, I have that too" ..to me, I don't view that as a problem in quite the same way. As I see it, they seem to want to identify with you, in a more understanding way, than to one up you. Is that how you understood their comment? They did SEE what you were saying by observing your major spasm.

From my perspective, folks just do not know how we deal with all that we deal with, how would they know? Even folks WITH MS do not have the same symptoms, and when they do, the intensity and frequency varies for sure. Even our own families have no real idea at times.

I just feel badly that on top of that, the band was not up to par. Did you get to enjoy any of the concert? Also, do you take any magnesium/potassium supplements? Even calcium now has both those ingredients. Most docs forget to tell us that. It really helps.

Hope you improve with your spasms. What do you take to deal with them? I have spasms mostly in my left calf and spasticity all over.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
    X