Shoulder spasms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder spasms

I'm having painful shoulder spasms. I thought I pulled a shoulder muscle carrying chairs. My primary said that my muscles around my neck and shoulders were very tight. Anyone else have this? It is very random and completely goes away at times.

In many people, muscle and bone may just need time fopains and other oddities to subside. I get leg and back spasms every day. I just sit and rest. I goes away.
    I can only offer this suggestion. Be sure you are not deficient in vitamin D. And you may benefit from taking a calcium supplement ( not milk/dairy! ). I believe most of the MS physical stuff can be dealt with through good nutrition.

Comment

Have you thought about asking for a referral to an orthopedic doctor that specializes in shoulders to rule out everything else?

I've had left shoulder problems for over 4 years. It took a highly specialized shoulder doctor in Dallas to find out I had a hole in my rotator cuff. I swear, it was worse than when I spent a year going to doctors about why my walking was so bad - then I was diagnosed with MS.

Comment

I get these in my left shoulder. I've got rotary cuff small tears ,chronic tendonitis ,impingement from a bone deformity . See an Orthopedist.
        It may or may not be from the MS . Pinched nerves can cause spasms and so can a pulled muscle.

I hope you get answers soon.
        dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
        started tecfidera 7/10/2013
        rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
        copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
        Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

Working...
        X