Hearing Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing Loss

I was referred to ENT and found I have major hearing loss due to nerve damage (neurological causes). However, the ENT says I can use hearing aids as long as I am able to understand speech, etc. which at this point I am able to do that.

The hearing will only get worse. I am an educator and need hearing aids badly, yet the ones I need are $4,800.

I am frustrated that I have three college degrees and yet my insurance company won't pay for hearing aids for any reason for anyone.

How do they expect people to continue to work? I have 15 years left and I would love to continue, but I need to hear.

Hearing Loss

Does your type of hearing loss medically qualify you for a cochlear implant? Perhaps it is something you can look into. Just a thought.

Comment

I get your frustrating with hearing loss. I already wear two hearing aids, and when my MS first reared its head, I noticed a sig loss on my left side. Was very frustrating. Sadly a good hearing aid does cost bucks. and also sadly, the coverage for hearing aids through work plans etc. are no where near as good as for glasses and other aids.
      In Canada they are medical expense and tax deductable, thankfully. Also, depending on where you get your hearing aid, there are usually foundations that offer assistance, so, please dont give up. I know the cost seems high, but you will be so pissed if you cant teach, and cant hear. If you can beg borrow and ask family for funds go for it. I dont want to see you regret not hearing.

Comment

Working...
      X