Botox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox

So, I went to the urologist the other day and had some testing done on my bladder. The doc told me my bladder is fine, but I have spacticity in my pelvic floor. So, she wants to do a botox injection into my bladder.

Not too happy about the self-cathing thing, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this procedure and how well it works.

So, I guess no one else has had this procedure. Also, has anyone heard of using botox for spacticity? I would really like some feedback, please.

Comment

on 3-9-12 I had botox in the bladder for spasms of the bladder causing frequent small urination,urgency such as when I would run water and small stream. Since then the frequency and urgency area better but now I retain urine and have a lot of burning. I'm not sure at this point if I would do it again.

Comment

I remember reading blackcobra's post about Botox. what I don't understand is, why Botox in your bladder if the spasticity is in the pelvic floor.

I have spasticity in my pelvic floor, but my urogyn has never recommended Botox. My retention comes and goes and though I did great on my urodynamic test and was told I wouldn't need to cath....surprise, surprise, 2 weeks later the bladder acted up and I had to self cath because my bladder wasn't cooperating (almost like it was showing off how good it could do in the urologist's office )...but then decided to rebel again and quit on me.

I figure as with most things MS, things can work good one day, and quit working the next.

but back to Botox...they do use it for spasticity, I'm supposed to be getting Botox in my tongue to help with my speech, but other problems have been on the front burner, so I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Have you thought about getting a second opinion. When it comes to pelvic floor issues, I always trust a urogynecologist's opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X