WELL, WELL, WELL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELL, WELL, WELL...

As I returned to work this morning from a doc appt one my friends called me in his office. First I should say we are all close friends even the owner. We have all worked together several times over the years.

It seems we switched insurance carriers for our garage liability and I will no longer be able to drive company vehicles. At first it did not bother me. But as I think about it more and more it becomes real and the reality of the scope of things have begun to set in.

It seems as though MS has claimed yet another portion of my life. I cannot control it so I do not worry about it but it does have an impact mentally. I feel the sudden need to go to my head doc.

To be honest I don't know what I feel. I guess I was not surprised. I guess the new insurance company was a perfect cover. I don't know. I just needed to get it off my chest.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

First of all, I am so sorry you are experiencing yet another loss. Its crappy, plain and simple. You know the stages of grief, yes? Shock, denial, depression, (sometimes regression) bargaining, until we get to acceptance.. if.. we ever get to that stage. And we can remain "stuck" in any stage too. It doesn't come in a linear progression.

What is the reason though? Do you have issues with your leg(s)?? Cognitive?

As far as liablity/insurance reasons, yes, I have heard of this. And maybe, just maybe.. one of those blessings in disguise. I know.. I know...

You never know if you had an accident and injured or killed another person and they find out your medical condition contributed to this, then that cost could possibly wipe out your business.

Still.. geez.. it IS just crappy!!
    Sending you hugs to get you through.
    Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I agree with Jan. Your frustration is understanable. But you'll never know if you did avoid that accident. Part of this is accepting things.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Gosh, I am sorry you are having to go through this!

I would have thought your medical information was confidential. How did the garage liability carrier know you have MS? And why would they say you can't drive just because of MS? Is it as Jan suggested, due to problems with your legs?

Comment

Waydwnsouth...

I'm so sorry that this event has caused yet another disappointment for you in this whole darn sucky life of MS.

I understand how it feels like "well there goes yet ANOTHER part of my life". As much as it is possible, I try to create new parts since 'it is what it is' and as sad and crappy and mind boggling and frustrating and just downright maddening this all is, it's one of the few choices we have.

Much to you.

Comment

Working...
          X