Almost constantly have the scent of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost constantly have the scent of

peppermint. For the past several days I smell the scent of peppermint. I have no idea where the smell is coming from. Any one experience something like this? It doesn't matter where I am - at home, in the car, at the store, etc.
    Have not changed any products - make-up, shampoo, laundry detergent, etc...

Time to take off that peppermint LifeSaver nose ring!
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Yes. I have had scents I couldn't even identify that followed me everywhere and no matter what I was wearing for clothes. It's happened a number of times and the same scent will last for months. I don't know why.

Comment

I also get phantom scents. Mine most often is a smoke or burning smell. I would love peppermint over that any day...
        DX 10/26/11

Comment

I have had auditory hallucinations so don't see why you couldn't have olfactory ones. Our memories are stored in those same brain cells that MS is attacking so a sensory or smell "memory" seems like it could be triggered by bad wiring just like the rest of our symptoms.

This is just my very unmedically based opinion though.
          I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

Fnd that odor......

I think this problem is not uncommon with MS'ers. Quit driving yourself crazy looking for the origin of the peppermint...and try to enjoy it. The odor that chases me is a noxious decay smell. When I smelled it at Macy's perfume counter, I realized it doesn't really exist except in my head.

Let us know if your peppermint scent goes away!
            Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
            Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Still smelling the peppermints!

I was wondering if it was some sort of neurological event. Don't know where else the smell is coming from! And, yes, at least it not a bad smell. Wish it was flowers though.

Comment

Several years ago, I smelled a very strong smell of wood smoke for about two weeks during a flare up of symptoms. But I haven't smelled peppermint before. (I think I'd rather smell it than wood smoke. I usually love wood smoke, but this was way too strong and constant!)
                Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

WOW...I thought I was losing my mind! I have the over powering smell of smoke/cigarette smoke so much that I thought a friendly ghost lived on my shoulder. Have NO idea where that comes from despite scouring the internet for answers.

Comment

Yes, I tried to find

information on the internet but couldn't. The smell is really starting to become bothersome - it's making me sick to my stomach.

Comment

SCENTS AND TASTE

I WAS AT BREAKFST LAST WEEK AND I SWORE MY EGGS TASTED LIKE A LAWN. YES, A LAWN. I COULDN'T TASTE MY COFFEE AND I KEPT SMELLING SOMETHING RUBBERY BURNING.

I ALSO WENT THRU CONSTANT SMELL OF CURRY (DON'T EVEN HAVE IT IN MY SPICE RACK) WHEN SMELLING FOOD.

ANNOYING! MAKES YOU THINK WHAT IS GOING ON? I ADDED IT TO MY LIST OF CRAZY UNEXPLAINED THINGS THAT MAKE ME CRAZY AND UNEXPLAINED.

Comment

Working...
                      X