Small victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small victory

I took myself to the Springsteen concert at Madison Square Garden last week.

I got the handicap seats that allow you to pull your scooter right up to the edge of the balcony, overlooking the floor level, and in great view of the stage!

I had a blast.

And consider it a small victory in my battle to maintain active with MS.

Good for you!! So glad that you were able to do this!!

Comment

How fun!

Sara

Comment

Hey , as Neil Armstrong said , "One small step for man , One giant step for a MSer". Way to go NYJenn.

Comment

Bruuuce!

Comment

Way to go, NYJenn!
            COPAXONE - Feb. '03
            Dx - Feb. '03
            1st Sx - March '88

Comment

How fun!

How cool to know that you got to do that!

Humming "Born in the USA" as we speak!

Comment

I am jealous ! I have wanted to see him in concert forever. I have E street radio programmed on my SiriusXM in my car and listen every day. Good for you !

Comment

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Keep doing the things that make you smile. They are always an accomplishment no matter how small they may seem to some people.

Comment

Nothing small about that! A win is a win!
                    Although I do not have MS, it has changed my life.

Comment

Thanks, all, for appreciating the effort involved.

It seems like a lot of venues have accessible seating, with more tickets available.

(Jerry, you have to go see him in concert if you have a chance; Sequoia:I recognize a fan Brrruuuuuuuuccre)

Comment

Jenn,

My family and I just saw him in Philadelphia a few weeks ago. For the first time I went in my chair. Going in the chair did not bother me at all. My husband, two married daughters and I went. First time we all saw him together was at Veterans Stadium I think in 1985 or 86. We had a great time. Bruce spans all ages. I am just a few years older than Bruce. Our daughters are in there 30s. I have two granddaughters 1 and 2. My husband and I look forward to taking them to their first Bruce concert in a few years.

I still wear my red white and blue bandanna from that 80s concert.
                        Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

I also have a scooter, very very liberating and allows me to go and do so much more than I ever could without it. For warmer weather I also use a cooling vest. So if ya see an ole fuddy duddy looking character that looks like a suicide bomber on a scooter, it just could be ME!

My wife loves Springsteen, never been to one of his concerts tho. I bet it was loads of FUN!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
                          X