Still suffering after steroid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still suffering after steroid.

Hello, I went through a 3 day round of solumedrol for vertigo,b/c the oral meds they were giving me were not helping.That was last thursday. I am still suffering from the same symptoms. I know the steroids do continue to work after the last infusion, but how long should I wait to see if it works.

Should I call neuro and let him know?

What would you do?

Meissie

I'm really not sure. I know I had my solumedrol for three days and continued to have doubled vision for a few weeks I think. Definitely keep track of your symptoms and note how long it lasts or if it lessens or anything. I hope you get to feeling better. - Hug -
    Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
    Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

I am so right there with you! Vertigo started last Thurs, ER on Sat 3/31, solu there, then started 5 more days of solu which ended this past Sat.

MY SYMPTOMS ARE STILL GOING STRONG! I just called the neuro's office to see what to expect.

At least I got my double vision to settle down last Thursday, but getting scared this isn't going away, ever...

I have not been able to drive or walk very far without assistance. Thankfully, my boss is letting me work from home, but I don't want to push it.

I desperately want/need to feel normal again. What else can they do????
      Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
      Ampyra 10mg 2xday
      Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

I know this is sort of reverse thinking but if you think of it this way...because ms symptoms usually respond to steriods and your symptoms are not responding then this could be something saying it isn't ms - that is a good thing.
        M.
        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jbell2435 View Post
          I am so right there with you! Vertigo started last Thurs, ER on Sat 3/31, solu there, then started 5 more days of solu which ended this past Sat.

MY SYMPTOMS ARE STILL GOING STRONG! I just called the neuro's office to see what to expect.

At least I got my double vision to settle down last Thursday, but getting scared this isn't going away, ever...

I have not been able to drive or walk very far without assistance. Thankfully, my boss is letting me work from home, but I don't want to push it.

I desperately want/need to feel normal again. What else can they do????
          I don't know. For me It's been over a month. I think they may give me another week to see if things change. if not give me another 3 day round.

Right now I've been off DMD's for a yr. next month.So my neuro is definetly going to want me back on ASAP! Anyway that's a different story.

I'm sitting at home tonite when I'd rather be at church

I pray we get answers and start to feel better!!

Meissie

Comment

When I was diagnosed, I went for Steroids immediately. Nothing - I felt a boost, but nothing changed much symptom-wise. Then I got worse. More steroids.

They didn't really do anything. do tell your doctor, but keep in mind that there are many factors, such as how long after the attack you're taking them.

Comment

weeks

It took me a good couple weeks to a month to start feeling real relief from my MS symptoms after a 5 day steroid course. Definitely contact your neuro if you think it didn't work though. I hope you start to come around soon!

Comment

Finally feeling some relief....

I talked to my nuero yesterday and she said it could take weeks or even months for the dizziness to resolve...not what I wanted to hear, but I just needed to hear the reality... I immediately went into attitude adjustment mode...my new reality of not being able to drive and having to use a walker while out of the house.

She replaced the Meclizine (which wasn't helping) with Dramamine. What a difference! I immediately felt less dizzy!!

I didn't wait for the rx, had some in the house so gave it a try. Not sure if it was that or just getting better by course.

Still don't feel comfortable driving, but I'll take what I can get. Wishes to all to find relief soon!
                Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
                Ampyra 10mg 2xday
                Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Hi Jbell, I called neuro yesterday and got the same answer you did.

I have Diazepam and another med that has a long name (Gyclopyrrolate) for nausea and dizziness. I'm pretty sensitive so they usually give me baby doses,1&2 mg. They make me sleepy and don't really help much with the dizziness. I've ruled out sinus infection, inner ear etc. been through different test and all,so I know its MS related vertigo/dizziness.

It seems to be letting up juuuust a little.

So I will just have to ride it out. Glad the meds are helping you feel better!

God Bless!!
                  Meissie

Comment

Diplopia, or double vision from MS does not always go away. I developed my diplopia in 1964, that's 48 years ago!

Such fun driving two vehicles down two streets at once. I have worn prisms ever since.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

It can take several weeks for the full effect.
                      "So, perhaps our task in this shaky, fast-changing, bewildering world in which we live is to make music, at first with all that we have, and then, when that is no longer possible, to make music with all that we have left." UNKN

Comment

Working...
                      X