Anyone have gastroparesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have gastroparesis?

I was wondering if anyone who has this wouldn't mind telling me some of their symptoms? I'm not sure if MS can cause this very often?

So, I've been having stomach issues for the past month or so...bloating, GERD, and off and on cramping. I've NEVER had GERD stuff before. And the bloating I have is ridiculous (looks like I'm pregnant or something). My Dr. has done an abdominal xray, ultrasound, and run bloodwork so far, but hasn't mentioned gastroparesis or anything. (He has mentioned IBS, so I don't know if that causes same symptoms?)

But I feel like I don't really want to eat anymore because I get instant heartburn and when I wake up in the mornings I feel nauseous and still bloated. Even water gives me heartburn. I haven't had any major weight loss though.

Sorry to ramble... Anyone have gastroparesis that wouldn't mind sharing their symptoms? Thank you so much!

I have gastroparesis. It is painful. You do not feel the need to eat and then you also have hunger pains but within minutes you feel a lot of pressure and very bloated in the upper abdomen. They diagnose this with a simple test where you eat scrambled eggs that have radioactive dye in them. They put you on a fluroscope and watch the particles as it goes down your esophagus into your stomach and hopefully into the intestines. They watch this for 45 minutes. Mine did not move at all into the intestines during this time.

I hope your gastro will order this very simple and painless test. There are some meds that can help but none have worked on me. Part of my problem is that I have had chronic pancreatitus for over 3 years too. You need the digestive enzymes also to flow to digest the food and mine don't.

Good luck at finding the answers to your problems!
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. I will ask my dr. about the test you mentioned. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X