Living Social Policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living Social Policies

Just had a very disappointing email discussion with Living Social regarding a voucher that I purchased last year, but have been unable to use because of various present MS issues...one of them being that I am now unable to drive the distance to the particular restaurant associated with the voucher. (Upon purchasing the voucher I had not yet been diagnosed, was driving, etc.)

I very politely told them of my MS diagnosis, told them that I was not able to drive and I expressed that I not only tried to get someone to take me to the restaurant, but I also offered to give the voucher away, all to no avail.

I asked them if they would be so nice to just issue me a Living Social credit (not a credit card credit, but rather Living Social's "Deal Bucks") of $15 that I could use towards a different deal that was either online or in my town.

They stated that it was "outside their refund policy" and again I asked them nicely if "under the medical circumstances" they would consider helping me out.

I received a reply email emphatically stating "NO". Ya know, it's hard enough to deal with all things associated with MS but to have a national company deny someone with a disability 15 bucks to use within THEIR company at a future date, is just downright shameful.

Along with physical hardships, we all know and experience the financial hardships that come with this disease, so I feel sure that I am not alone in doing everything to save a few dollars wherever possible. I'm just appalled that after fully explaining to Living Social my medical circumstances that they would deny someone who was obviously appealing for a compassionate response.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Wish I had a clever response but that just sucks!

Comment

Will try!

Thank you Sparky for your suggestion, I will look into that. I know it's not the end of the world, and there are far worse things that everyone here is coping with but wow, I was just appalled at Living Social's complete lack of compassion after repeatedly explaining to them the circumstances. I am the kind of person that will go out of my way to compliment people (or bosses for an employee of theirs) for good work done, I make a habit to give thanks for anything and everything, etc. and very rarely complain, but for some reason this situation just hit a nerve.

Again, thank you for your reply and suggestion!

Comment

I may be the odd one out, but if the voucher is that old I can see why they wouldn't take it back. Imagine the sheer number of people who try to get a refund after the time limit has expired. They can't have money potentially hanging out for refunds forever (and "Deal Bucks" are still refunds), and they don't have the time or manpower to investigate everyone's story, so they have to stick to their rules. It's not fun for you, and I sympathize, but I don't see how what they did was shameful in the least.

Comment

Working...
        X