• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound like MS?

My symptoms for the past month:

-Blurrier vision than normal
    -Extremely tired all the time
    -Tingling and numbness of the legs, feet and hands (sometimes arms & face)
    -Toes tingle so bad they hurt in warm water

I feel like I'm going insane. I went to the doc, they checked my blood, and everything was fine! X-rayed my lower back and said I had a lumbar sprain (but I didn't even feel pain there...) and even if, that wouldn't explain the numbness/tingling in my arms, hands and sometimes face. The doc in the ER referred me to a neurologist, but I can't even make an appointment until tomorrow. Can someone give me a little insight? I'm TERRIFIED of MS!

Also, I had a CT scan done on my brain and they found nothing. I don't really believe it's Sciatica either because its in both legs and arms/hands. My butt cheeks did hurt for a while though. Although there is a lot of tingling and numbness, I have almost no pain at all.

First....

....You are NOT going insane. (I can't even begin to tell you how many times I said that to my neurologist).

Second....make an appointment as soon as you can with a neurologist. I was told to do that on my first trip to the ER, but unfortunately waited because I thought "it would go away". Stupid decision on my part.

Third...Try your best to not approach the doctor's visit with a diagnosis already made up in your mind.

You're in my prayers.

Comment

It sounds like MS but it also sounds like a lot of other things!

Don't be terrified. Make your neuro appointment and you'll get the full workup! Also, if your vision is iffy, you may want to get that checked out too.

Tingling can be anything from a easily corrected vitamin deficiency to lyme to MS.

Its great that MS is gaining awareness BUT its also hard because everyone jumps to MS now. Since I've gotten diagnosed I've had several friends have bouts of MS like symptoms and they've freaked out. One was just deficient in b12.

Go to the doctor. Get bloodwork, MRI's and whatever else they recommend based on your current symptoms and recent tests. See if leads to an answer. Good luck! Don't be scared yet! Heck, even if it is MS, don't be scared. Everyone here is proof that life doesn't end with this type of diagnosis.
      Symptoms Oct 2009, Dx Feb 2010. betaseron 2/10-2/12. Copaxone 3/12- present.

Comment

Working...
      X